Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput in-dash car PC WTPC1000

Hi

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks and I am planning on setting up a carputer in the near future.

I've tried to search the forum for posts with regard to this peice of hardware but havenít managed to find any info on it, so my apologies if it is on the forum somewhere.

Has anyone used this indash PC?

I got quoted $566 from lilliput.cn directly for a minimal spec machine.

1gz cpu
    256mb ram
    40gb hdd.
    dvd rom
    onboard bluetooth,vga, sound, nic, etc.

I know its rather expensive but its really compact and prebuilt which is a very big selling point for me, couldn't be assed fiber glassing and mounting something in the trunk and with it mounted in the dash somewhere it prevents me from running too much cable from the front to the back of the car which I feel is another plus.

Besides the price does anyone feel this is a worth while purchase?

Just need a second opinion.

Thanks
    Andrew

How about a link?

As far as I know, nobody has gone with one of these units. It's very likely an EPIA M-series board (M10000 or MII10000, since it's 1ghz), a commonly-used base for vehicle systems.

Also, if you're ordering direct from the manufacturer in china, repairs and support could be a major hassle, not to mention shipping and customs costs/fees. There's also the shipping time to get products to/from China. I don't know where you are, but getting products to/from China to/from the U.S. can be a pain in the ***, and expensive to boot.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

The link on the lilliput site seems to not be working properly now but I found one someone is selling on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lilli...spagenameZWDVW

WRT repairs and support, you right that would be an issue - I guess its a chance I would have to take/think about - I'm from South Africa and I have a friend who owns a textile business (Chinese dude) and he's often coming to and from China so he could walk it through for me if need be so Iím hoping that would bypass import taxes.

check it out let me know what you think of it ?

Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisdale
        Hi

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks and I am planning on setting up a carputer in the near future.

I've tried to search the forum for posts with regard to this peice of hardware but haven’t managed to find any info on it, so my apologies if it is on the forum somewhere.

Has anyone used this indash PC?

I got quoted $566 from lilliput.cn directly for a minimal spec machine.

1gz cpu
        256mb ram
        40gb hdd.
        dvd rom
        onboard bluetooth,vga, sound, nic, etc.

I know its rather expensive but its really compact and prebuilt which is a very big selling point for me, couldn't be assed fiber glassing and mounting something in the trunk and with it mounted in the dash somewhere it prevents me from running too much cable from the front to the back of the car which I feel is another plus.

Besides the price does anyone feel this is a worth while purchase?

Just need a second opinion.

Thanks
        Andrew
        if you talk about this one Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2252862

BEWARE! no service and suport no good quality and lot of defective merchandise.
        The old setup http://flickr.com/photos/ilyassx
        The new setup http://my.opera.com/ilyassx/albums/show.dml?id=110701
        Jetway J7F2WE VIA C7 1.5 GHz
        512 DDRII 533
        3.5" SATA2 H.D.D 200GB
        M1-ATX
        ELM327MS OBDII
        Creative Audigy 4
        PROGRESS:[########-]90%

Comment

Yeah, thatís the one.

You had dealings with it or heard from someone else?

Support is not a huge issue for me - itís just a computer, along as the hardware works and I have the drivers the only support I will need is on the software which I can find on this forum.

I also like the idea of it being in the dash so I can load cd's like a normal HU. Whatís also nice is you don't have to boot up to play music cd's.

Built in PSU is also a selling point.

A definite no no ?

Anyone know of anything similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Aisdale
            Yeah, that’s the one.

You had dealings with it or heard from someone else?

Support is not a huge issue for me - it’s just a computer, along as the hardware works and I have the drivers the only support I will need is on the software which I can find on this forum.

I also like the idea of it being in the dash so I can load cd's like a normal HU. What’s also nice is you don't have to boot up to play music cd's.

Built in PSU is also a selling point.

A definite no no ?

Anyone know of anything similar?
            Dear aisdale,
            The answer It was for your first post, a have no problem with the ebay guy, you ask information, i give you what i know.
            But if you need it i will help you this is the trading department info named:
            FOB SHENZHEN
            Joe Huang
            Msn online is: [email protected] (you can chat with trader)
            Car pc Model:Mini Car PC DVD 256M NWTC1000
            Price: US$560
            shipment DHL to Denmark:USD180
            Tax and duty : USD210
            If you think i'm liar or something like that, check all, This carputer is a true GARBAGE!!!

Regards,
            The old setup http://flickr.com/photos/ilyassx
            The new setup http://my.opera.com/ilyassx/albums/show.dml?id=110701
            Jetway J7F2WE VIA C7 1.5 GHz
            512 DDRII 533
            3.5" SATA2 H.D.D 200GB
            M1-ATX
            ELM327MS OBDII
            Creative Audigy 4
            PROGRESS:[########-]90%

Comment

ok , thanks for the help.

Comment

Prebuilt Car PCs

I found a simular item on ebay. In fact it looks almost identical. They claim to use a TC10000 motherboard, which is pretty good for multimedia and DVDs. I emailed the seller and they also have a SP13000 model. They're selling the complete package for 2k or just the head unit for $450.00.

It seems like it's worth the cash, I'm seriously thinking about. Thoughts?

$450.00
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Carma-PC-The-Fir...QQcmdZViewItem

or

$2,000.00
                http://stores.ebay.com/Dashtop-PC

If someone actually gets this let me know if it's fast enough to run media center.

Comment

No one have any idea about this guys Q ? i'm also pretty interested to know.

Comment

I'm also interested in this as it seems a simple all in once combination!

It surely ca't be GARBAGE like it was mentioned?

PEACE
                    Kosti
                    New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

I wouldn't say it's garbage, necessarily.
                      I would say that it's way overpriced and underpowered, however.

You can build a far better PC for a lot less money by doing it yourself.
                      If you can fabricate, you could even make one to fit in a single DIN like this unit.
                      How about the Wiki?

Comment

True, but in Australia, these parts are not cheap and not a huge following to the point were these items go on special.

I think the SP13000 would be sufficent though.

Still it would be a complete unit ready to plug in and drive away.

Cheers
                        Kosti
                        New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

Hi,

I have one built in in my Opel Omega. The unit comes with a lot stuff, also built in Bluetooth. My only concern is cpu speed. I personally think its too slow. Mine has 256 MB ram, but i haven`t upgraded to 1GB because i think this would not make a real difference with loading times/booting Windows and i don`t want to spend another 100$ on a 1GB for nothing.

But indeed the DVD player that doesn`t need you to boot Windows is nice. Only thing i miss is that the PC, Media Player and Power option from the main screen can`t be used with the Touch Screen (also Lilliput).

Does anyone think tha upgrading to 1GB will solve most problems like loading times? I tried XP, WinME and now W2K but they are all slow.
                          If you`re not first, you`re last !

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer64
                            Does anyone think tha upgrading to 1GB will solve most problems like loading times? I tried XP, WinME and now W2K but they are all slow.
                            There is a whole forum dedicated to optimizing boot times. Check there.
                            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Your second link doesn't work?

Originally posted by mervtheperv
                              I found a simular item on ebay. In fact it looks almost identical. They claim to use a TC10000 motherboard, which is pretty good for multimedia and DVDs. I emailed the seller and they also have a SP13000 model. They're selling the complete package for 2k or just the head unit for $450.00.

It seems like it's worth the cash, I'm seriously thinking about. Thoughts?

$450.00
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/Carma-PC-The-Fir...QQcmdZViewItem

or

$2,000.00
                              http://stores.ebay.com/Dashtop-PC

If someone actually gets this let me know if it's fast enough to run media center.

Comment

Working...
                              X