No announcement yet.

Slimline DVD drive... Some help needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimline DVD drive... Some help needed.

Basically, I've had this slimline tray load DVD drive sitting around for awhile. I've got the IDE adapter for it already. When I hook it up, and connect it to the power/pc (using IDE cable) and boot, my BIOS does not pick the drive up, and neither does Windows. I know sometimes the problem is a flipped IDE cable, but it is correct on mine. I also notice that the drive I have is cable-select only... Any ideas what I need to do to get this thing to be recognized?

Originally posted by temposs
    Basically, I've had this slimline tray load DVD drive sitting around for awhile. I've got the IDE adapter for it already. When I hook it up, and connect it to the power/pc (using IDE cable) and boot, my BIOS does not pick the drive up, and neither does Windows. I know sometimes the problem is a flipped IDE cable, but it is correct on mine. I also notice that the drive I have is cable-select only... Any ideas what I need to do to get this thing to be recognized?
    I think you have to set any other drives on the same IDE cahnnel to CS as well.
    Not sure on that, but I remember having issues with a CS drive before.
    Could be too, that your drive is dead.

Comment

I actually had the same problem, and it was the adaptor that was problematic. I put the drive into my laptop, and worked fine, so it wasn't the drive. The connections were good. It stumped me for a while because I thought, "How the hell can something so basic as taking one slot and making it into 3 groups of pins ever be to blame??". Bought another for like $5-$10 and works like a charm. I suggest putting the drive in a laptop to bypass the adapter and see if it works. I fit doesn't, u need a drive!
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
      X