Problem with a finger mouse - WTF!?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a finger mouse - WTF!?!?

Ever since moving my system out to the car, my finger mouse works but does some stuff that is very weird...I can click on stuff, but when I do, it keeps "acting" like it wants to click again - it selects stuff on it own...

Kinda like it's in a repetitive click state. Once I click an icon, if I hover over another icon and highlite it...

Any ideas?

BTW - It's a USB mouse and I am running ME...

Thanks!

-Mike
    "As God as my witness...I thought turkey's could fly"

Only since moving to the car? Did you use an USB extension cable?
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Yep - since moving to the car and yep, I used an extension cable...could be the problem?

Comment

It could be interferance to the USB cable. Try without the extension cord - see what happens. Then try turning the cord a couple of turns around a ferrite ring (=make a filter).

Comment

What is a ferrite ring?

Mabye I should just trade it in for the PS/2 version...???

Comment

It's just a metal ring made out of soft iron. They come out in various sizes/shapes and are used for making filters, coils, etc.
            What you want to do actually is a home made version of those tubular filters A to B connector USB cables, monitor cables and power supply cables for external peripherals have on them on one end.

Comment

exacly about how large should this ferrite core be? I'm having probs with my 4*20display and I think that it might be some interfearences that mess it up...I use a floppy cable with a regular floppy connection on the side of the lcd, and have soldered the other end to a female cen36 connection, and from there using a standard printercable, should i throw away the floppycable and use regular cables? or would a ferrite ring do the job?
              -
              My cars
              -

Comment

Jol,

unfortunately I don't have a clue if this is gonna work for you.
                Out of personal experience I learned that sometimes these things work (actually it worked for me every time), but I guess it depends on the kind of data the cord carries and the kind of interferance you want to filter out. The ferrite rings I used had 3cm diameter and I usually made 3-4 turns around them.
                You 'll have to try it yourself!
                (please, post the results if you do)

p.s. Why don't you use something more mainstream for a cable first. A single long shielded (=grounded) cable with the appropriate connectors soldered at the ends. Something without centronics connectors and floppy cables in between. A

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitris1976
                  Jol,

unfortunately I don't have a clue if this is gonna work for you.
                  Out of personal experience I learned that sometimes these things work (actually it worked for me every time), but I guess it depends on the kind of data the cord carries and the kind of interferance you want to filter out. The ferrite rings I used had 3cm diameter and I usually made 3-4 turns around them.
                  You 'll have to try it yourself!
                  (please, post the results if you do)

p.s. Why don't you use something more mainstream for a cable first. A single long shielded (=grounded) cable with the appropriate connectors soldered at the ends. Something without centronics connectors and floppy cables in between. A
                  Ill test the ferrite, aswell as test with my other l2014 display, using a hacked cen36f-paralell converter and solder it straight to the display w/o floppy..
                  -
                  My cars
                  -

Comment

hmm, it worked when not using the floppy, didn't test the iron
                    -
                    My cars
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X