Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has nobody tried the Asus N4L-VM with Core Duo for car use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has nobody tried the Asus N4L-VM with Core Duo for car use?

I got a tip about this mobo at another forum, and it seems like it may be a very nice contender for my system, instead of a Pentium Dual Core 3.0. But -ing for it here on the board gave no results at all. Has nobody tried this?
    Tor - The MediaSUV

no, but the P4 dual core uses quite alot of power, you might want to try using a celeron D or mobile processor
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Eh...the Core Duo is a mobile Processor... The desktop CPU is called Pentium Dual Core.

Anyway, I'm looking at another mobo for a Core Duo right now.
      Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

that seems like a nice board, supports instant on-off, which seems like an accellerated version of S3 standby. With the beefy on board sound, I think this would make a pretty bad *** carpc.

Comment

Believe me, what I'm looking at (or rather waiting for, it's not available in Norway yet) will leave that board in the dust!
          Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff
            Eh...the Core Duo is a mobile Processor... The desktop CPU is called Pentium Dual Core.

Anyway, I'm looking at another mobo for a Core Duo right now.

i know, in your post you said the pentium dual core, so i responded: something to the affect of "That uses alot more power than a mobile processor, so why dont you use a mobile one"

meh... whatever
            2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Working...
            X