IDE Coupler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE Coupler?

The idea was to have a short IDE cable from the mobo to the side of the case, where this "coupler" would be. Then that would allow me to plugin and remove an IDE from outside the case. I will be having a CDRom under the seat and the box in the back, so this way i could unhook the cdrom without opening the box and fishing for the IDE cable.

Is there such a thing?
    "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

nawh , just make your own IDE cable

Comment

Yea, i already made the 6ft IDE cable, i was just looking for a male IDE connector. I guess i will have to make one. hmm.......

Comment

yo.. you can use 40 pin double row headers for this.. I needeed the same thing, ,and they work well.. You can find them at some places online, or if yoiu have a Radioshack.COM locally they have them.

Jason

Comment

thanks man, you rock

Comment

If possible, use a 40 pin Centronics plug, or similar sized external SCSI plug. They are designed to be removed and reconnected, whereas the 40 pin headers are not and may wear out quickly.
            Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
            Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
            "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Look on www.newark.com for a >40 pin external SCSI plug even if you dont use all of the terminals there a some that will mount very clean and maintain the ribbon cable
              If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

I have a bunch of leftover IDE cables from various aftermarket internal drives and would like to use them to place a DVD drive in the front of my car. Does anybody know where the heck to find a 40 pin male to male coupler?

Comment

So I googled FOREVER and finally came up what I THINK I need to connect the cables, a 40 pin male header. The only problem is finding a vendor, anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by infrared
                    yo.. you can use 40 pin double row headers for this.. I needeed the same thing, ,and they work well.. You can find them at some places online, or if yoiu have a Radioshack.COM locally they have them.

Jason
                    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!
                    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Working...
                    X