Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Hub disconnects..

Hi all,

Does anyone have any good information/experience with USB hubs that maintain a good connection? Just about once per every trip in my truck I hear the old windows "ba dump" that indicates that a USB device disconnected, and a few moments later it "ba dumps" again and the device is there again. Most often this appears to be my Griffon Powermate that is affected, however I have also seen it drop my USB GPS.

I have seen this happen repeatedly on desktops with USB hubs as well, and I assume it has something to do with shoddy products. In that vein, does anyone have any good USB hub experience that they can share?

Thanks, you'll be ending a long series of frustration for me
    03 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
    Epia SP 1Ghz cpu, 512mb ram, 40gb 5400rpm hdd, 60gb IPOD
    Xenarc 10" touchscreen
    SIR-ALP1, Opus 150w PSU, Griffin Powermate knob
    RoadRunner, LSX Void 800x600 | iGuidance 3.0
    Zyxel P-330W for borrowing wifi

Originally posted by bmbr
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any good information/experience with USB hubs that maintain a good connection? Just about once per every trip in my truck I hear the old windows "ba dump" that indicates that a USB device disconnected, and a few moments later it "ba dumps" again and the device is there again. Most often this appears to be my Griffon Powermate that is affected, however I have also seen it drop my USB GPS.

I have seen this happen repeatedly on desktops with USB hubs as well, and I assume it has something to do with shoddy products. In that vein, does anyone have any good USB hub experience that they can share?

Thanks, you'll be ending a long series of frustration for me
    I have had this problem before and it is usually a power management issue. To correct the problem, go into device manager and expand the USB tree. Double click on USB Root Hub and click on the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that says allow the computer to turn of power to this device to conserve power.
    You will have to repeat this for each instance of USB Root Hub - My laptop has three and my desktop has six.

David

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTN
      I have had this problem before and it is usually a power management issue. To correct the problem, go into device manager and expand the USB tree. Double click on USB Root Hub and click on the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that says allow the computer to turn of power to this device to conserve power.
      You will have to repeat this for each instance of USB Root Hub - My laptop has three and my desktop has six.

David
      I went in and followed your instructions this morning and I have not had any issues yet! Thanks!
      03 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
      Epia SP 1Ghz cpu, 512mb ram, 40gb 5400rpm hdd, 60gb IPOD
      Xenarc 10" touchscreen
      SIR-ALP1, Opus 150w PSU, Griffin Powermate knob
      RoadRunner, LSX Void 800x600 | iGuidance 3.0
      Zyxel P-330W for borrowing wifi

Comment

Working...
      X