Sony Vaios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Vaios

Don't know if it's been posted yet. Expensive but a step in the right direction.

http://sympatico-msn-ca.com.com/2300...tag=ne.gall.pg

Not bad. Not great, but not bad....
    The lack of expandibility or upgradability turns me off.

You'd also need the port replicator to have VGA out for an external monitor and/or external keyboard. That adds to the expense and the difficulty of installation. However, you could have a pretty clean setup where you could simply dock this little baby in the car and be ready to go, then remove it when you leave....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      Not bad. Not great, but not bad....
      The lack of expandibility or upgradability turns me off.

You'd also need the port replicator to have VGA out for an external monitor and/or external keyboard. That adds to the expense and the difficulty of installation. However, you could have a pretty clean setup where you could simply dock this little baby in the car and be ready to go, then remove it when you leave....
      Hit the nail right on the head. In addition to that, you can't really get a better display either. At least when you are using a PC (thin client or desktop or laptop, whatever) you can chose a larger screen if you wanted to. I know that's illegal in some states but who cares.

It would look ugly also always having the docking station out or trying to double-stick-tape it.

On another forum that I'm on, someone is using a different sony model for navigation. Pics of it are below. It's a nice and clean setup but, again, the screen size is small.

I am using a tablet in my car and one of the reasons why i went that route was due to the size of the scren. why put a pc in the car then spend another $400 on a screen (or more if u want larger)?
      - sh00k

ps - sorry for pic size, they're not mine!

Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

That little thing is cool, no doubt. I am going to try to get one to test on from work. It may be a few weeks, but I should be able to get a loaner one. I have played with them a little a month or two ago, very cool. The text was hard to see cause it was running a high resolution, but a few settings changes should fix it. If anyone has a tech spec questions, let me know, I'll walk down the hall and ask the engineers...

~Puff
        ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Working...
        X