Remote pci host

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote pci host

Is there such a thing to allow you to have an external hub for pci cards?
    I have just built my first carpc in an old amp case, It only has usb1 and I need usb2, there is no room for a pci card, what I thought about doing was to take an old pci card, cut the bottom of it, solder wires onto the pcb then get a riser and solder them on to that pcb so I can mount my pci card in its own box. Basically a pci plug on one end of the wire and a socket the other end.
    Would that work? or is there anything like that available to buy.
    I know the cable can't be to long I'm just talking about 6 inch or so.

Well they have these flexible cable riser cards... -HERE- 4th down

OH... and I found this with .... lol though I don't know if this is 'exactly' what you're looking for, at least it'll set you in the right direction.

Comment

THATS IT!!
      I have been looking for ages and thats the first one I've seen THANK YOU SO MUCH
      The only thing is that they charge a lot for shipping, anywhere else sell them? (with cheaper postage)
      If not I guess I'm gona have to buy this, I dont think I could be arsed soldering all them wires.
      Thanks again W3bMa5t3r

Comment

I'm sure if you look at that smiliey I threw in there, you could find a cheaper one... but yeah, glad I can help

Comment

Yep found one at linitx.com that was way cheaper, should be hear in a day or 2, thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy diamond
            Yep found one at linitx.com that was way cheaper, should be hear in a day or 2, thanks mate.
            LOL good stuff. glad you found what you were looking for

Comment

Lol its not that I don't know about doing a Google its just that I didn't know what I was looking for now I know to put the word flexible rather than external in my search I found them straight away.
              Anyway Ive had a smoke so leave me alone LOL

Comment

haha, it's all good... I only remembered from back when I was thinking of going the mini-itx route myself. using a laptop now... but yeah... glad you found whatcha needed. good luck with your project.
                My project now is a custom center console/bezel for my Cobra... a 1st for me. lol. fit'n a 10.4" TS in there... takes up 2 1/2 dins and BARELY fits... should have it finished within a week or two (moving this week ).. peace...

Comment

Yeah I would have just bought a proper case for the job but I had an old amp sat about and thought it would be good to turn it into a pc LOL
                  It looks realy good Just need to finish making the i/o shield for it.
                  If I like the carpc Idea Im going to build me a better one
                  Attached Files

Comment

It needs another coat of paint aswell LOL

Comment

Look'n good :-) and what do you mean "if I like the carpc idea" lol once you're in, you're in :-)

Comment

I can see myself getting into it big time so I know what you mean by that, Ive already got some Ideas for another one LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X