Free Installation at Bestbuy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Installation at Bestbuy?

Hey guys I got a couple things. First, i just bought a Rockford Fosgate P2002 amp at bestbuy to power a pair of Sony 12" Xplods. Will this amp be powerful enough for them, and has anyone heard anything about this amp? secondly, i was wondering if anybody knows if you get free installation an amp if you buy it from bestbuy. I didnt have the time to ask them tonight because they were closing. Any help/advice would be great. thanks a lot

BWAHAHAA. That amp ain't worth nothing with two subs. Especially not those two. You'll only be putting out 50w per sub, and those subs want from 90-380w RMS.

If you're strapped for cash, take it back and get the Pioneer GM-7200M. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134702499156

360w RMS x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohms.

You'll also need to get the wiring kit if you haven't already.

And unless they're running a special on installations, no, amplifier (and sub) installs are not free. Probably anywhere from $65-$80.

Comment

If I remember correctly, BestBuy usually offers free "basic" installation when you purchase car stereo equipment from them. A friend of mine got a Sony amp, Sony subs with box, and cables. BestBuy installed them for free and he was pleased with install.

In my opinion that amp will be underpowered for your subs. The Punch P2002 outputs 50 watts x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts x 1 in bridged mode) peak. This is the same thing that my car stereo puts out (50watts x 4). This may be a decent amp if you bridge it and use one per sub. I'd pass on this one.

Not sure if this is the same exact subs that you have but I looked up the specs for a Sony 12" Xplod.

Peak power handling -- 1300 watts (max power)
      RMS power handling -- 380 (perfered average power)

Each sub wants 380 watts. I think a 1000x2 watt amp would be good enough.

Derek
      Progress [||-------]
      View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
      Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

first mistake..... buying car audio at bestbuy
        second mistake... buying Sony car audio

but hey, its your money...

Comment

What wrong with Sony car audio? I can get really good deals on Sony stuff, and was planning on getting a Sony amp. Something I should know?
          ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Yeah, what's wrong with Sony Car Audio?

I have a CDX-M7815X that is an amazing deck! 5 Volt Preouts and just amazing ease of use and functionality!

Sony kicks ***!

Peace,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

[QUOTE=CJ8501]
              QUOTE]

i agree with you man, sony decks are nice, and well made but there amps and subs and speakers suck moose balls, all of there amps are overated and also with their subs, you try taking that 380wrms sub and put the actual 380wrm into it and it will fry, but thats just from my and friends experiences

Comment

Sony's newer decks are annoying, their speakers and newer amps suck, but their P5 subs are great.

My 10" P5's are 300w RMS, and i've been putting 300w RMS into them for 2.5 years with no problem.

Comment

Everyone has an opinion. This is like people saying they won't drive an F150 because its a Ford but they have no problems with driving a Ram because its made by Dodge. "Dodge is better than Ford." (Or Intel/AMD, Coke/Pepsi, or Exxon/Shell) Whatever. It's a matter of opinion. Go do your research. Read some reviews (<-- opinions) but ultimately listen to them yourself. If you like how they sound, then by all means get them. Besides, you are the one who has to listen to them. If you like them then that's all that matters. Besides, it's now your opinion....

Derek
                  Progress [||-------]

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I hooked the amp up today and it pounds pretty hard, so im gonna keep it. the only thing is that it gets really hot after blasting **** for a while(theres no fan in it) and it shuts itself off when it gets too hot. I was wondering if there is any kind of box or any fan or something that i could rig uto cool it down? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CJ8501
                      first mistake..... buying car audio at bestbuy

but hey, its your money...

you'll have problems with that ****. I don't know how much your gonna like it.
                      Installed
                      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

this thread stinks of cheap audio gear, cheap crapy installs, and big crappy stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerica2843
                          the only thing is that it gets really hot after blasting **** for a while(theres no fan in it) and it shuts itself off when it gets too hot.
                          My Pioneer amps do not have any fans and they do not shut themselves off...

Derek
                          Progress [||-------]

Comment

Originally posted by Emerica2843
                            thanks for the help guys. I hooked the amp up today and it pounds pretty hard, so im gonna keep it. the only thing is that it gets really hot after blasting **** for a while(theres no fan in it) and it shuts itself off when it gets too hot. I was wondering if there is any kind of box or any fan or something that i could rig uto cool it down? thanks
                            Yes, go buy an amp that ISN'T UNDERPOWERED, and you won't have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa
                              Yes, go buy an amp that ISN'T UNDERPOWERED, and you won't have that problem.
                              Agreed. The amp you have simply can not push the power needed to drive those subs. That amp would be great for one sub (mono) but not good for two 12"s. My Pioneer amp is 760wattsx2. Remember that this number is the peak rating (maximum). This amp puts out somewhere around 350wattsx2 RMS which is the constant rating. Your subs want a constant rating equal to the maximum that the amp can put out. The amp is simply underpowered for what you are trying to push.

Derek
                              Progress [||-------]

Comment

Working...
                              X