Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Core Duo mini-ITX motherboard

Check this out

I have the LV-673, this seems to be an upgrade to it, to handle the new Core Duo processors, as well as now having a standard 24 pin ATX power supply connector. Still have athe SATA drive connections, as well as a PCI-Express slot.

Of course, it also still has the solder side CF port, which means a custom case is necessary...

Maybe when I build my next CarPC, I'll do it with this.

Dave
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

i just got this, no custom case is needed just some 5mm standoff on the bottom (that is if you dont use the CF of course)
    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

dopehead, what case are you using for that dualcore mini-itx board?
      replicant
      Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

And how did you get the backplate to match up with the mohterboard?

I ask because I have the LV-673, which is basically the same (CF on solder side, etc...) and I had to make a custom case, both because of the CF slot, and because there was no way to get a backplate to match up.

Dave
        Core Duo CarPC
        CarDomain page

Comment

i am using the same case as i did with my epia 800 classic board, and i actually pulled of the backplate, cause it didn't match up, also i just used electrical tape to mask the socket for the CF and the metal plate for the cpu cooler on the underside, might not be the very best solution but it works.
          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Yeah, thats why I said you would need a custom case. Sure, any old case might work, but I'm trying to get one that works well. Thanks for confirming at least that the case doesn't match correctly.

Dave
            Core Duo CarPC
            CarDomain page

Comment

Silly question: does the LV-673 handle a Duo-core processor? They have the same socket I think...
              08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Working...
              X