m2atx and modern mobo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2atx and modern mobo?

My current system is rather unreliable with random hard resets and I know its a heat issue with the cpu/mobo combo I'm using because way back when it was my primary system the same thing would happen after extended gaming sessions. I didn't thing I would have that problem only playing mp3's and running navigation software but what I didn't count on was how hot my trunk gets during the day here in Florida.

So now I'm looking to replace the car motherboard and cpu and my only other cast off is an athalon64 system with no onboard video. The question is well my m2atx power an athalon64 + video card + hard drive + optical drive? The other option is to buy new hardware for the carpc but than what should I get? all the modern motherboards seem to require 24pin power connectors + the 4 pin 12 volt line for the cpu and I'm worried that I'll spend money on a setup the m2atx cant power.

Read this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68636
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sweet, thanks a lot and I'm sorry I didn't look hard enough to find that on my own. How about the 24 + 4 connector issue? well that have any bearing?

Comment

Both the M2-ATX and the DSATX units have connections for the 4-pin 12v connector. My Shuttle unit requires the same connector and the DSATX powers it quite nicely.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

But you will have to buy the square connector cable, at least for the M2-ATX. DSATX might come with one.

Comment

DSATX does come witht he 4-pin cable. I wasn't aware that it wasn't included with the M2-ATX.
            Personally, I think that's ****ty.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Working...
            X