2 keyboards and one ps2 keyboard port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 keyboards and one ps2 keyboard port

is there a way to make my mousse port accept a keyboard or, can i soled the cables of on of the keyboard to the cables of the other so that they can both fit in the keyboard ps2 port will that work ?
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

I think this is what you're looking for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2012681023

Comment

That will NOT work. Keyboards use specific timing signals, so you can't just plug two of them into a port and have them both work. I would suggest using a USB keyboard and a PS/2 keyboard if you need two keyboards on your system.

Comment

Check out this link for running two PS2 keyboards at the same time.

babas151 > are you gonna go ir with that Palm or did you find any wireless stuff for that Palm?http://www.fentek-ind.com/y-adapter.htm
        GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
        VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

i'm gona chek the link thanks
          humm i'm gona start with a serail cable but i'm actualy bulding a ir receiver but i'm having a little trouble finding the required parts
          i'm thinking ofmakig it wireless by using walkitakye or wireless inercome or something is there a whay to establish a serial connection through modem ?
          Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

I'm just curious, does anyone know what is different about a laptop PS/2 that allows one of those splitters to work?

Also how does that cuecat thing work (anyone know what i mean) its like a barcode scanner you plug into your keyboard PS/2
            connection than plug your keyboard into a cable that splits off of it, it essentially scans and converts it to a text code. Is it just two of the same thing that won't work (like 2 keyboards) or what?
            Josh Karger
            By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

The laptop ps/2 is actually a comination of both of your standard ps/2 keyboard/mouse ports. It has the ability to listen and drive both a mouse and a keyboard (they work at different hz). And again, it will only work with a mouse and keyboard, not two key boards (the one of the laptop is either disabled when an external keyboard is present, or has a seperated controller, depending on the laptop).

I would assume that the cue cat works by simply piggybacking on the keyboard controller, simply adding unqiue keystrokes that the cuecat software translates into code.
              -Nick

Comment

Thanks that clears it up for me.
                Josh Karger
                By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Working...
                X