Placement of the HW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placement of the HW

ok heres the deal i wanna put my carputer in the front of the car ie glovebox or under a seat but there isnt enough room, and i dont want to drill out the glove box therefore im thinking putting it in the boot,however i want to use a touch screen computer can i just use an extension cable for the usb cable and vga cable to the touch screen? thanks

Yes, you can do that.
    For your own sanity, run the power wires down one side of the car and the signal cables down the other side.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

how easy is it to run the cables from the boot of the car becurz like i trying to do as little damage to the car as possible where do i put it in the head liner? under the carper? lol

Comment

Run along the side of the car.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

What kind of car? I would look for guides on how to disassemble the car, like an edmunds guide. It should be easy enough to run them down the side and the carpet cover jam thingy.
          ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Originally posted by spagbol
            how easy is it to run the cables from the boot of the car becurz like i trying to do as little damage to the car as possible where do i put it in the head liner? under the carper? lol

I did my car without cutting, drilling, splicing anything thats factory and can be 100% returned to stock.

Just plan it out well and it will pay off later, dont rush it.
            1990 Jeep Cherokee
            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X