Pci riser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pci riser

Yes I know this subject might be beaten to death, but I really can't figure out what I need. I also cannot find any place to purchase it from.. I tried one site that was located in England and they wanted $40 for shipping...

Anyways I just want a Riser Card for my M10000 to connect up my Soundblaster Audigy 2. Will this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-Riser-Card-f...ayphotohosting

Thank you!

Yes, it would work.
    Be careful, though. There are some riser cards that will have the PCI card hanging over the motherboard and there are others that will have it go the other direction.

I'd ask the seller which one this is.
    Also, there are PCI risers of different heights, as well. Something else to consider, especially if you need clearance for a heatsink or something else ont eh motherboard or PCI card.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Ok thank you for the response.. it is the one I want, directional wise though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hornyleprechaun
        Yes I know this subject might be beaten to death, but I really can't figure out what I need. I also cannot find any place to purchase it from.. I tried one site that was located in England and they wanted $40 for shipping...

Anyways I just want a Riser Card for my M10000 to connect up my Soundblaster Audigy 2. Will this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-Riser-Card-f...ayphotohosting

Thank you!
        Hope your good at fabrication, cause your gonna need to fabricate some kind of way to screw your card down using that riser. It costs a bit more but IBM has a riser card for there P4 boards and it comes with the slots to screw the pci card down. Just an idea.....good luck
        Peese

Comment

I should be fine with what this is going to do, so no worries. Thanks though!

Comment

Working...
          X