X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc displays correct, then "power off"

Okay, let me just list some quick specs:
    - Xenarc 800TSV
    - ASUS A7N8X/400 with Athlon XP-M 2500+ (45W) Barton 266MHz FSB Socket A Processor
    - and Opus 150

System has been performing flawlessly for over a year and love it. Get into the Jeep the other day and now, it won't seem to post. Disconnected all peripherials so its just the mobo and opus booting up. Screen and fans fire up like normal..."PC" shows up in the upper left with correct lighting and everything....the after 5 seconds or so it says "Power off" on the screen and the screen backlight shuts off and the green light just blinks. If I hit the brightness button, it will do its normal "Bright" in the upper left then "Power off" shows up again.
    Thinking it was the onboard video taking a dive, I plugged in a AGP video card that I know works and it does the same exact thing again.
    What am I missing? Is the motherboard shot???

it's likely your screen instead of the video card/mobo.
    Did you try hookup a different monitor?
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

does that board have an option for another video card or video out like svideo or composite

if so it may be defualting to that monitor

do you see post then it goes blank cause thats what sometimes happens to me
      take a few minutes and install winvnc its a remote destop utility its saved my *** a few times for instance when i couldnt boot u just tunnelled in thru vnc and reset the video card to output to vga (analog) and not the TV
      .______
      | '_ |__\___
      [(o)|___(o)] XB
      ._________
      | I__I I_I|_\__I
      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Update:
        Swapped out the ASUS motherboard and put a P4 motherboard into the Jeep. Put a AGP video card in, same problem. Took the AGP out, put a brand new PCI video card in, same problem. I can cycle through the AV1, AV2, etc. and get the menus to show up, but non of the options has anything to do with it. Im running out of ideas! I have a new ASUS A7N8X coming in the mail in a couple days, but I fear that I will have the same problem of "Power Off" showing up. Just ****es me off because I can't even get it to show POST on two motherboards. Been running flawlessly for 14+ months!
        Anything else I can try? BTW, when I have been testing it, the motherboard was stripped bare to one stick of memory and no peripherials.

Comment

Before you waste you time/money trying to swap out mobo/video card after one another, bring that big *** CRT you have on your desk and check and make sure that the video card out put is good.
          I am very sure that your Xernac is screw up. There is no way that all mobo/video card you try are broken.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

check your VGA cable, i was having the same problem.. OSD where working just no picture on the screen. Sent it to Armen and it turns out it was only the cable..
            [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
            [iGmon]
            Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

UPDATE:
              Got another board in the mail (same ASUS one) and it works perfectly! Really odd since the Intel P4PE board is perfectly fine. It was almost like missing my first born being without a carputer for about two weeks!

Comment

Working...
              X