Sony joystick remote - IR version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony joystick remote - IR version

Does anyone know if the IR version of the Sony joystick remote works with an IRMAN ? I have bought one of these babies, and can't get the IRMAN to detect it - does it run of a different IR protocol? (If so I am going to try to return it and get the Pioneer version, which I assume, from previous posts will work).

Re: Sony joystick remote - IR version

funny your write this, I have the pioneer remote control (I love it!) but its is still very fussy with my homemade IRMan and the IR sensor I am using. I think the issue is the IR sensor works on 36-38KHz and from what I have read alot of Pioneer equipment is on 40Khz.

I have found a local supplier of that sells about 6 different flavors/freqs of IR sensors, I am gonna get around to buying a few different ones and see if I can get a better working signal.

On that note, does anyone know the IR freq of the Pioneer steering wheel remotes? or how I could find out for sure?
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

not sure but i have the small remote that came with my pioneer 4050 and it works perfectly with my irman(genuine) .
      Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

I have a genuine IRMan as well, collecting dust now I am using the homemade one (it was gonna be used on my home PC, but have never got round to it) I might give that a shot, and if it works try pulling apart the IRMan to get a part number and hopefully a freq....

thanks for the idea Spud!

Comment

will these "homemade irman recivers" work with cobra?? if so do you guys have diagrams to links???
          tahnx
          my ride my team

2001 Civic EX- lowered, 18", NOS
          12.1"touchscreen, gps, dvd, tv, fm
          NO RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

sure do.... just need access to a PIC chip programmer..

www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/3863/uir/

Comment

just thought i would follow my first post up - i got the sony joystick remote tested - works perfectly on sony head units, and the guys tester in the hifi shop - so i am stuck with it - howeve i did pick up a 2nd hand pioneer wheel remote which works like a dream - no mounting kit though - hence a dirt cheap price (15 greta british pounds of our realm) - but some velcro seems to have sorted it out - got it working, only to then snap the ir reciver off of the extension cable i had put it on - right at the base of the sensoer - so i am awaiting some new 'eyes'

does anyone know how to check what frequency a remote is transmitting at? and if I can find out what it is sending at would it just be a matter of replacing the sensoer with one which detects the right frequency, or would i need to reprogram the pic in the unit?

Comment

you dont need to reprogram the PIC......

if you find out a way to work out the freq, let me know!

Comment

pioneer works on 38 the 1838 ir sensor is he best for pioneer systems

Comment

yep - maestro is right the pioneer is working on 38 kHz, but the sony remote appears to be working on much shorter bursts, about 10 kHz.

I got our electronics tech here to hook up a photodiode to a scope and measure it for me. does anyone know if you can get an eye which will go this low - I will try and fire off an email to Vishay or something and see.

Comment

Working...
                    X