What is this connector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this connector?

I just got (given) a 15" Sony LCD monitor. I know it's about 6 years old cause its the purple VAIO model. It has a video connector I can't remember what kind it is. There is no power cable, I assume it's powered via the video connector. Someone please identify this for me, I need to find a video card for it. Thanks.
    Attached Files

37 views and no response? No one knows what this connector is and called?

Comment

proprietary DVI-D monitor cable
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by tarpitblue
        37 views and no response? No one knows what this connector is and called?
        37 views of a thread isn't jack **** on these forums. Quit whining.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

this is a propietary connector on some older sony viao computers. it holds both the video signal as well as power. (it was this funky bluish system with a cover over the keyboard that turned into a hand rest) NO ONE sells an adapter to change this to standard connector. i remember they used to sell a video card with this connector but im not sure who sold it or if its out anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I called Sony and hoping to get a pin out diagram so I can make my own adapter. And DQ, kiss my ***. I wasn't whining, I was simply stating how many people had looked at the thread and no one knew what it was (as I didn't). And I'm well aware of the posts in this forum. I've been on this forum for 2 years so I know how it works. Please don't use my threads as a place to get extra posts under your name for absolutely nothing. To all others, if I get this diagram, I'll post it under in diagram sections, I'm sure someone might find it useful as well.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I called Sony and hoping to get a pin out diagram so I can make my own adapter. And DQ, kiss my ***. I wasn't whining, I was simply stating how many people had looked at the thread and no one knew what it was (as I didn't). And I'm well aware of the posts in this forum. I've been on this forum for 2 years so I know how it works. Please don't use my threads as a place to get extra posts under your name for absolutely nothing. To all others, if I get this diagram, I'll post it under in diagram sections, I'm sure someone might find it useful as well.
              I am sorry you do not know how to use google.
              ODYSSEY

Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
              All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
              Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                37 views of a thread isn't jack **** on these forums. Quit whining.
                Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

Hey, I did google this. If anyone can simply Google an address for info on this then show me. I Googled the Model #, Serial #, searched Sony's website. Even technical support at Sony didn't have anything readily available. I know how to look for stuff before I ask. It's very disappointing that people flame you for asking a question they were unable to find info on. If I asked a question that everyone else has asked a hundred times, then yeah, flame me. But I thought that I could look to fellow members of this forum to help out, which a couple of you did and again thanks. The rest of you stay the hell out my posts. You obviously don't know what a forum is. I have no use for assinine people that have nothing better to do than post assinine comments.

Comment

Hey, I did google this. If anyone can simply Google an address for info on this then show me. I Googled the Model #, Serial #, searched Sony's website. Even technical support at Sony didn't have anything readily available. I know how to look for stuff before I ask. It's very disappointing that people flame you for asking a question they were unable to find info on. If I asked a question that everyone else has asked a hundred times, then yeah, flame me. But I thought that I could look to fellow members of this forum to help out, which a couple of you did and again thanks. The rest of you stay the hell out my posts. You obviously don't know what a forum is. I have no use for assinine people that have nothing better to do than post assinine comments.
                    It is asinine.
                    ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

yea but it makes them feel better!

Comment

Its ALSO very dissapointing to come across a thread titled "What is this connector" and by golly, I just have to click to see if I know what it is or not...and then since I dont know what it is I am one of the 37 a$$hole views just for TRYING to help. I guess you should have told everyone to check in after looking at your post so you know they arent holding out on you. Then you would have 37 "Sorry man, I dont recognise it" posts. Would that make you all warm and fuzzy?

Show some respect to the people trying to help. Not all of us have the answer, but we were (WERE..past tense) still trying to help.
                        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

My treadmill has a connector that looks just like that with the clasps on it...
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

That connecter is for a LCD that goes with the old LX models of VAIO PCs. One model had a monitor that used a touchscreen (pretty cool). The connection is proprietary and can only be used with the LX series tower (they are slim tower things with a funny panel that opens sideways). Great monitor, but only if you have the PC to go with it. It should have a part number somewhere, post it and I'll tell you which model it went with (LX800 or LX900 - the touchscreen one).

Oh yeah, I work for Sony, that's how I know. I have access to lots of resources on it, so ask away on the questions!

Edit: They also had a LX700 I forgot about. Here is a link to the .pdf marketing specs for the LX800 - http://www.docs.sony.com/release/spe...LX800_mksp.pdf. It looks like this monitor right? What kind of model number is on it? The touchscreen one that came with the LX900 is PCVA-15TXSA1 and the LX700/800 one is PCVA-15XA2. Long story short, it is only for the connector that comes with the LX series, and cannot be adapted to a standard connection (AFAIK).
                            ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Here is the pinout for the LX700 and LX800 LCD monitors. Hope it helps...

~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Working...
                              X