Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUSI-M CMedia Windows XP sound problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUSI-M CMedia Windows XP sound problems.

After completing the whole carputer setup.

One thing is wrong and ****ing me off:
    I ordered the Asus TUSI-M mobo after my Abit SA6R died on me.
    When I got it, I installed Windows XP Professional on it and all was fine until I tried playing a MP3 or a DVD. After playing for like 5 seconds the sound on the system would completly lock up and winamp would stop playing the song. It would hit like a perminent pause mode. When I exited Winamp, and tried running it again it wouldn't load and I noticed then that it was still runnning under the task manager. After ending the process Winamp would load but still no audio. I went into the sound control panel to try to play a system wave file like windows start, and the play button stays on play and no audio comes out. Only if you hit the play button again will it go to stop.

I flashed my bios to the newest version, tried changing almost every bios option and still no luck. I am starting to think my motherboard is bad or Windows XP incompatable.

I'm going to install Windows ME on it next and test it out. Also I'm going to try to RMA my dead Abit SA6R so that I can get a fixed one back and build another Plexicase.
    If even after installing Windows ME and I still get sound problems I'm going to return the board to newegg.com since it's defective and buy another nicer mobo. I would have bought the FV24 but someone said it won't work well with the Digital View controller. I have yet to confirm this.
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

I had the same problem when loaded XP onto my player. It has an integrated C-Media sound and none of the drivers I could find would work. I ended up going to back to Win98 and it worked fine. Seems like XP doesn't support it.
    http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

same problem

I had this same problem. I suspected it was a problem with the hdd since the whole comp would lock up in this pause like state.

My hdd was mounted vertically in my plexi-case...like this

||
      ||
      ||
      ||

and the needles/arms whatever they're called that access the hdd disks move horizontally across the hdd disks.

So, assuming gravity and turbulence being my hdd's worst enemy, i mounted the hdd horizontally in my new plexi-case, and the problem disappeared.

Hope if helped.
      HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Not harddrive related. Thnxs though.
        SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
        GPSing - Digital Speedo
        Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
        Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx...s&model=TUSI-M
          BossTone74

Comment

Working...
          X