rearview camera for car, through xenarc 7" touch screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearview camera for car, through xenarc 7" touch screen

I am putting a carpc in my car soon with a xenarc 7' touch screen and I want to put in a reverse camera. I think i am just going to go with the license plate one. However my question is, when i start my car and my computer is booting, am I just going to be able to switch to my camera automatically even when my computer is not booted, and then when i put it back in drive, have it go back to the booting screens or by then, my front end? It goes through the xenarc as a different input, thats why i think it can be done, i am just wondering about it switching back when im done reversing?

With my xenarc IDT 700 I have it set to automatically switch to Video source 2 when a source is available.

In order to use it only when I'm backing up I wired it into my reverse lights. So when I hit reverse the source on the xenarc would automatically switch and when its off it would switch back to the PC.
    1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
    1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
    1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
    1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
    1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

Comment

Saw this on another forum...

Pep boys is advertising a $99 license plate camera and 2.5" color screen.

Here

I'm wondering if they would be willing to sell just the camera without the LCD...
      My old Worklog

Comment

wow good price. i wonder what the connection type is.
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/backupcamera_vr3.php

Wired.

Can't find a review or specs...I am sure the camera sux.
          current projects

Comment

is it just me, or does it look like the woman pushing the stroller is screaming in the demo pictures?
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
              is it just me, or does it look like the woman pushing the stroller is screaming in the demo pictures?

Yeah, she is screaming because some moron is about to back up into her and her baby.
              (This is based on the assumption that she actually has a baby in that stroller and not a bunch of cans she's collecting to be recycled or something equally as stupid.)

Actually, the girl in the image lookis sorta like Cindy Brady....
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by pepsibobby
                wow good price. i wonder what the connection type is.
                Yeah not too bad. Seeing most 2.5 lcds go for $50. What I wonder is what the view angle is.
                GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

I emailed Roadmaster and they said you can buy the camera by itself for $59 shipped. The sales lady didnt know the specs so she was going to forward it off to their "tech" department so I'll post the info if I ever hear back from her.
                  My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by froalskiner
                    I emailed Roadmaster and they said you can buy the camera by itself for $59 shipped. The sales lady didnt know the specs so she was going to forward it off to their "tech" department so I'll post the info if I ever hear back from her.
                    Regardless of the camera type, 110 horizontal and 80 for that money isn't too bad. Guessing on the size and price, I'd say CMOS
                    GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

That's what I'm thinking too...Personally, I really only want the camera as a cool thing to have. It's not like I'll really need it that much for regular backing up.

Also, I don't really care if it has great low light on it. If I'm backing up at night, my reverse lights will be on so it wouldnt really matter. I'm only using it to check my distance anyway.

Same said for a front camera. Maybe I'll pick up two of them. One for the rear plate and one for the front. Might be cool to see the road ahead close to the ground as I'm driving...
                      My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by froalskiner
                        Might be cool to see the road ahead close to the ground as I'm driving...
                        lol, just remember, real life is different from video games

keep your eyes on the road..

..not your eyes->screen->road

plus, people would be freaked if they saw u looking down while driving, lol

Comment

totally...It's really for the bling factor. The rear camera is a given, but the front one would be way at the end of the planning/installation stage...maybe with a record feature...Hmmm....
                          My old Worklog

Comment

search for "Capture!" its a recording prog, works really well (with my laptop anyway)

i plan on doing a similar thing, mind you im going to install a camera into the Left side mirror, as my car is imported from japan, (in canada we're left hand drive, japan is right hand drive for those who dont know), i dont want to turn left and have someone hit me, 'cause i cant see anything, haha, so a cam in the mirror will let me see from that side! (so i hope, have yet to test it)

Comment

One of the other things that I'm thinking about is putting in a cam inside to see the backseat in case I need to check to see if my daughter fell asleep or not.
                              My old Worklog

Comment

Working...
                              X