my computer wont boot to windows, says "Boot From CD :"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my computer wont boot to windows, says "Boot From CD :"

my computer suddenly has stopped booting all the way to windows... after in says "Building DMI Pool......" in the boot process, it then says "Boot From CD :" and does nothing.

i have the sp13000 mobo... what could be wrong?
    carputer - done.

this has happened once before, but when i unplugged the computer and plugged it in it worked fine again.

i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in today, and the same exact thing happened, about 5 times.

on the screen before it gets stuck, it recognizes both of my HDDs and my optical drive.
    carputer - done.

Comment

do you have a CD in the drive? often some of my computers won't boot past that point if there is a CD in the drive that is not a bootable CD.
      But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
      Originally posted by Viscouse
      I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
      eegeek.net

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkydinx
        this has happened once before, but when i unplugged the computer and plugged it in it worked fine again.

i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in today, and the same exact thing happened, about 5 times.

on the screen before it gets stuck, it recognizes both of my HDDs and my optical drive.
        no, there hasnt been a cd in there in months (and i checked to make sure)

carputer - done.

Comment

whats the button to go into the bios setup to change the boot order? i dont see it displayed when mine boots up...
          carputer - done.

Comment

Try either DEL or F2. Either one of those is use by most system.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
              Try either DEL or F2. Either one of those is use by most system.
              hopefully its F2, cuz my mini keyboard doesnt have a DEL

i tried F8 already...
              carputer - done.

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkydinx
                hopefully its F2, cuz my mini keyboard doesnt have a DEL

i tried F8 already...
                It's DEL. F8 just gets you the Windows boot menu. You can always jack your desktop keyboard untill you get in to the BIOS.
                -ZtH01
                "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

Originally posted by ZtH01
                  It's DEL. F8 just gets you the Windows boot menu. You can always jack your desktop keyboard untill you get in to the BIOS.
                  i guess thats what ill do... this better work
                  carputer - done.

Comment

if you're using the PS2 mini keyboard, I'm pretty sure it has a del key.. I believe you had to use the Fn modifier, though.
                    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
                      if you're using the PS2 mini keyboard, I'm pretty sure it has a del key.. I believe you had to use the Fn modifier, though.
                      if it does, its not labeled...

carputer - done.

Comment

sorry, i was thinking of the "backspace" key (symb + spacebar).. my bad.
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

problem solved -

after i changed the boot device order (for some reason USB FDD was #1, i would never have set it that way) to put 'Hard Drive' as #1 it still didnt work, but only said "Building DMI Pool" with a flashing cursor under it...

then i checked the Hard Drive boot priority, and for some reason they were also out of order, so i put my boot drive as #1, and then rebooted, and it worked

hope this helps in case anyone else has a similar problem...i dont know why it all got switched around...
                          carputer - done.

Comment

Working...
                          X