Need help with Network DVD rom access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Network DVD rom access

I have 3 windows systemes that are networked together that will be sharing a DVD rom drive connected to one of them. How can I get the other 2 systems to see the DVD rom as a local drive and not a network drive? As a network drive the DVD playback software doesn't see the drive. Thanks.
    Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
    Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
    zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
    zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

You really cant. It will always be a network drive. Unless you're talking about mapping it to a local drive letter. In that case, browse to the system that has the drive through the Network Neighborhood, right click on the share, and choose 'Map network drive', and it will assign a local drive letter.

Comment

I already did that. That's how they other system are able to see the drive. I just need the software to play back the DVD movie via the network. Win DVD looks for a local drive.

Comment

Intervideo WinDVD can also play a DVD from a folder, if I'm not mistaken.. just right click on the play window and choose Source->DVD from folder and choose the VIDEO_TS folder.
        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
          Intervideo WinDVD can also play a DVD from a folder, if I'm not mistaken.. just right click on the play window and choose Source->DVD from folder and choose the VIDEO_TS folder.
          It promts me "Can not find any CD/DVD rom" This only works when the files are local.

Comment

I went ahead and installed WinDVD because I know I've done this before..

You need to have the remote optical drive mapped to a drive letter in order to be able to play a "DVD from folder," and if there was a problem you should be getting the error "The Selected folder does not have valid DVD content."

Not sure what to tell you, it works for me.
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Working...
            X