Jetway mini-itx boards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetway mini-itx boards

Wondered if anyone has had experience with the new Jetway mini-itx boards... did a search and not that well-known it seems.

They are also sold under the brand Versa at mini-box.com and Phylon at logicsuply.com...

There seem thousands of variations on the basic theme, probably the best info is on epiacenter.com

And an interesting low-power variant has come up on eBay, drawing only 12W so ideal for cool-running in cars etc. ... HERE.
    Apparently this Jetway software allows you to alter fan speeds with Speedfan or the Jetway-supplied software... good for quiet HTPC systems. I don't know the seller, but am pondering between this and the Via EN15000, and be interested to hear other people's experiences.

Thanks

I am currently running a few different Jetway's in my R&D lab.
    No problems at all. I have 2 C7's, and 1 627F. I am using the LVDS modules with all of them, running different panels. The Phylon you speak of is in fact a Jetway as you indicated. Just Logic's way of "house" branding the equipment.
    I would take the Jetway over a Via Epia simply for cost reasons, but the Epia's I have run well too.

Comment

That ebay motherboard looks very fishy.. Its say he stays in Phoenix, Arizona, United States buy listed in pounds.

Comment

209.99????? WTF???????????
        I pay >125.00 for that board with the lvds module.
        Damn, I need to put some of these up on fleabay with 12.1" touch panels.

Comment

I've had nothing but problems with the audio on this board. I've purchased two different boards and both of them have a very low audio ouput. Has anyone else experience this problem?
          Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
          Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
          zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
          zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

There's a thread HERE on the various Jetway boards, but the best information strangely comes from the eBay ad. Motorcity, can you buy the low-power version? and any advice on where to get more info, such as model numbers, manuals etc.? the Jetway site is terrible...

In general though, you reckon they're better value than Via Epia?

inniss777, are you talking about S/PDIF or analogue audio?

Comment

analog out.
              Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
              Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
              zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
              zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

More info on the many Jetway boards here: BOXCAR (2006 Roadmap) and here...

Comment

I haven't tried the mini-itx boards, but Jetway in general makes good boards. If I remember right, one of their biggest resellers is MachSpeed. May want to check if MachSpeed resells the mini-itx. They used to offer lifetime warranties on their motherboards. Don't know if they still do.

And, I use a jetway mobo in my ride.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
                    That ebay motherboard looks very fishy.. Its say he stays in Phoenix, Arizona, United States buy listed in pounds.

Are you checking under ebay.uk by chance? That is actually my auction. I have sold on here before if you want to check my references. I am also an active member of the RX8club.com and have sold items there too. If you have any questions I would be happy to help. I have also made sales locally. I pointed some people to this forum so hopefully some would be kind enough to vouch for me.

-Boxcar
                    Old project
                    '04 Mazda RX-8 CarPC
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58601

New Project
                    '09 Nissan Cube
                    Saving and planning.

Comment

Review of J7F2 on Epiacenter.com

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm a computer tech over here in Aus and have had a lot of experience with the jetway boards. I use to work for a company where these were u only boards we used for out builds.

IMHO, they are ok cheap boards, BUT, the components on them are cheap. Basically, from the figures i have at work 1 in 10 will make it past 18 months of operation before the caps start to swell. Then when they pop, bye bye board.

Now this is just my opinion from what i have seen and experienced. Feel free to disagree with me guys. You may not beleive me seeing this is my 1st post on here. Just starting with the whole car pc thing. Hope to see some of u guys around.

Cheers,
                        Kym

Comment

Hey Staggie, useful, do you know how that compare to the Via boards though? they were having all those capacitor problems too a year or so ago...?

Thanks

Comment

NP man,
                            Dont really have too much info on the VIA's, apart from i'm running a SP13000 and its been rock solid since day one. We dont sell them (had to buy the damn thing retail). 1 Piece of advice is tho keep an eye on the caps, if they do start to swell get them replaced asap. I have just finished replacing all the caps on one of my boards. (MSI one).
                            Just so i'm clear aswell, I'm not having a dig at Jetway, i have just seen what happens over a period of time, and to a lot of their boards. But in their defence, I have seen it happen to every brand of board. Most supprising one was last week, a $400 DFI board.
                            Hopefully I have been of some help to you.

Comment

Hey Boxcar, what's your experience with the reliability of Jetway boards over, say, Via? Didn't you say you find them reliable...? Certainly a big price difference...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X