here is my idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is my idea

Alright i am thinking of doing this in my car and wanted to know if yawl could give me some feedback.

First i am going to get the subaru screen thing off of this sight and mod it for my acura integra. i would like to install the computer behind the screen.

computer is going to be
    aopen itx 954gt
    intel core duo t2600 "this will change when they give me a merom"
    2 gig ddr 667
    2 60 gig sata hdd raid(0)
    intel 3120 wifi card installed in minpci slot
    not sure about cdrom yet considering external dvd

All comments would be greatly appreciated.
    i am still up in the air about what to do with the whole sound thing i want to eliminate the car radio completely from the car beings i dont have one it got stolen LoL.

so some advice on anything i am missing would be great thanks for all the help

How do you plan to power that?
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

well i have a couple of ideas first it comes with its own power adabter that i could use a inverter with or i could get a simple dc to dc converter with a 90 watt power requirement all this system needs is a 90w 19volt power adabter so it shouldnt be that complicated i am sure i have them laying around the lab. or i could use that power supply that they have on this website CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.2 but i am not sure if that would work for this setup or not thats why i left that part out for some input. thanks for the response

Oh ya and the system is going to be running VIIV 1.5.1 and windows MCE.

The only things i have to pay for is the powersupply screen and amps and what not so i can go with nicer stuff i just dont know much about those parts as i do the actual computer

Comment

2 gigs of ram!!

wtf!?

an inverter?

Why?

and punctuation does wonders....I promise!

try reading here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78795
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

so if your boss said take whatever you need would you just use 1 gig of ram i think not

Comment

in this application, i'd only use 512 meg.

there's a reason for that. you're going to have a heck of a lot longer boot time for starters.

and what is this yawl stuff?
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

dont worry about the yawl stuff you should knwo where that comes from your from texas dang man. And i dont plan on ever turning the thing off only plan on going into suspend to ram. Plus i plan on running some serious music software possibly streaming high def audio accross a sprint evdo wireless card while running navigation and other software all at the same time. I would like to be able to run three minum programs at the same time. Plus there is some new 31 band eq software that i tested on my home pc that wants a min of a gig of mem and a 3 ghz processor so i figure my t2600 dual core will suffice. I mean tell me if i am wrong but to run that software and nav and play mp3's you think 512 will do all that. Thanks for all the help guys

Intel eval

Comment

y'all - the yawl stuff is nothing short of redneck backwoods hick uneducated crap

y'all is simply a conjunction of two commonly used words.

and I'm not a man.

I'm currrently streaming 525.com across my sprint evdo card on my laptop with only 512 mb of ram, running navigation, and a front end. No issues here.

which 31 band eq software are you referring to?

yes, 512 will do nav and mp3s. since I don't know what software you're looking at, I don't know about it.

I'm saying this because we see it all the time. hence the reason for writing this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...16&postcount=4
                Jan Bennett

Comment

thanks for the post and yes i read that so i know what your saying but i ran this program right here
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72919
                  there is the post about the program that i am talking about.
                  Okay and for future refrence i am building this system to accomidate the newest Core arcitecture that Intel uses and the issue with memory causing your system to boot up slowly is when you are using a netburst arcitecture processor and not a core arcitecture. so i shouldnt have that issue at least i dont in testing which i am doing right now. complete bootup time on a 945gt with a merom e7400 is like 20 seconds from cold running windows MCE with all drivers and VIIV installed.

Also please understand on the computer side of it i can handle it its the audio and the basic install that i need help on oh and powering it i dont know much about electricity that it will fry that crap outa ya if you get to close.

Comment

Working...
                  X