No announcement yet.

Will this work?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work?

To use to control if my mp3 box is on?

Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

im curious and not much of a wiz with wiring and stuff like this was wondering how do you plan use this
      Case built and working
      Amptron 586 motherboard onboard snd/vid/lan (purchased)
      200mmx processor (already have)
      5g harddrive (already have)
      Two 4x40 lcds (future)

Essentially, a relay allows you to use a small current to switch a much more powerful circuit on and off.

The only thing that bothers me is that id dosent give me spec. about how many volts i need to turn over the switch. I asume it will just be 12 volts.

I'm going to order it, or the one that is a pc board desighn and we'll see how it works

Your assumption is correct 12v dc is the require switching voltage. Don't for get a diode to prevent back emf.

And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
   (Does what it says on the URL) (The new car, with zero rust!) (My other site)
            Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Check here for Full specs

They have a 6V part that pulls in @3.3V if you want to run it w/ 5V
              If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.