P1900 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1900 problems

I have gotten all my wires run, and when I start the car, the P1900 red LED blinks once and I get no fan action at all. Anybody seen this? I tested the hot wire to the battery and its getting >14v, and the resistance on the output socket looks good. If I test the output wires I get no current at all...

Does the grn/blk ACPI wire have to be hooked up to the pc for it to function correctly? I haven't done that yet, I'm just trying to get some juice flowing through the unit.

Comment

Hooked up the grn/blk - no dice... anyone?

Comment

Does the IGN wire of the P1900 have to be connected for the unit to work, or does that just control the SSC aspect of the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by InHoc View Post
          Does the IGN wire of the P1900 have to be connected for the unit to work, or does that just control the SSC aspect of the unit?
          I don't have this setup, but I can guess.

If you do not have it on Dumb PSU mode (if that model even has it), then it won't know when to activate the rails. So no power. If it receives the ign, then it thinks, "hey lets start up", and starts pulling power off the 12v constant.

Basically for testing, connect the ign wire. Put it in Dumb PSU mode if there is one, otherwise.

I know that is how the M2-ATX works..
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yes, it's a must.
            Originally posted by InHoc View Post
            ------------------------------

98 Honda civic
            In-Dash LCD Monitor K-301
            cappuccino EZ3
            PIII-1.2GHZ
            256MB PC133
            40GB HD
            Holux GR 213 Sirf Star III GPS
            IguidanceV2
            CNX-P1900 power supply
            Sound Blaster Live USB

Comment

you can join the ACC and the Constant 12v and it should start there. I have the P1900 and havent had too many problems with it.
              When the ACPI wires get shorted that sends power to the output cables to start the Mobo
              08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Working...
              X