Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 Ford Explorer Nav Radio (TV MOD) How to???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Ford Explorer Nav Radio (TV MOD) How to???

I just got an 06 Ford Explorer with the "audiophile" radio/navigation system and am looking for a way to bring video into the display. I only had one lead which was a "send us your radio + 500 bucks and we'll make the modification for you" Based on that, I know one just has to get to the RGB signals in the radio and put a switcher between to switch between the radio video and the external.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or a source on the internet/schematic/plan etc???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Roveer

Is the screen and navigation computer separate from each other?

Comment

They are seperate to a certain degree. The screen moves down (by motor) to gain access to the slot which received the DVD. I've yet to remove it from the truck, but when I have a little time, will and see if I can find a connection in which I could intercept the RGB.

Does anyone know a good method in which to go about finding the RGB signals? Would I need a scope or is there another simpler method.

Regards,

Roveer

Comment

I removed this radio from my truck this morning and went on a hunt for ribbon cables. There is a ribbon cable coming from the unit to the screen. It's very small and has 20-25 connections on it. Looks like it will be very difficult to test individual pins. The screen pivots down for loading of the NAV DVD so there's motorized parts involved. The double din radio splits in half so the CD changer can be removed (also involves removing 2 ribbon cables), but that will give access to the PC Board which has the display ribbon cable. Doesn't look like it will be an easy task especially with basic tools and soldering skills. I've put the radio back in the truck for now, but may again venture into the unit.

Regards,

Roveer

Comment

Working...
        X