Soundcard or pci slot problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard or pci slot problem?

Well I am stupid and haven't secured my computer in my car yet, but it really didn't move around that much anyway. I have a SB Audigy 2 connected into my pci slot on my M10000 mobo. It has 3 audio cords plugged into it and I think as I was driving it was slightly moving the card left to right in the pci slot. Anyways now when I try to start the computer with the Audigy 2 in it beeps every 2-3 seconds and when it is not in the computer starts up fine.. So before I try a diff. soundcard does anyone know if it is the soundcard problem or the pci slot problem.. I still have one more class to go to and I'm bored so figured I could get an answer before I tested it. Thanks!

Have you tried the other slots?
    New car means time for a new carputer.

Planing.

Comment

Originally posted by trebuchetguy View Post
      Have you tried the other slots?
      or perhaps another card in the slot? It is a process of elimination.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Hey guys a little update.. I tried another SB card in the pci slot and when I powered the comp on it worked so I was happy.. then it went into windows and a bubble popped up saying "Found New Hardware." Then it installed the Creative drivers automatically, which was bad because I wanted the kx project drivers.

Anyways, the next bubble said "Found PCI Slot!!!" So for some reason the pci slot stopped getting detected or installed and it just had to be reinstalled.. Well I put back in the better soundcard and it worked with kx drivers, so problem fixed!!

Comment

Cool beans, but make sure youj do something to keep the card from moving. The next time, you might not be so lucky.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Yup I def. have it from not moving this time.. don't wanna risk that again!

Comment

put a little hot glue on to hold that card down
              99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

Originally posted by albysure View Post
                put a little hot glue on to hold that card down
                I try to stay away from Hot Glue in the car environment. The hgihest melting point of hot glue I have ever seen is 130, while they are generally lower. A cars interior can EASILY reach that hot on a summer day. That will melt the hot clue, and it could seep into places you do not want it. That is just my personal choice, though I am sure many people have not had a problem. I once had the problem, and I vowed never to have it again.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X