my dash is in my car- tell me what you think, thanx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dash is in my car- tell me what you think, thanx

got the dash in- now im waiting for c4 cause its supposed to support touch screens- ("hint hint wink wink" charles) pleas let me know the DAY its ready please
    my ride my team

2001 Civic EX- lowered, 18", NOS
    12.1"touchscreen, gps, dvd, tv, fm
    NO RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, that thing is HUGE. Awsome set up dude. I just wouldn't like to get pulled over with that in there though, i seem to get told of for much less.
    http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
    Australian mp3car Portal
    mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
    mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
    -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

ya i talked to the cops in the area i cruse and asked them about it- they said that its not a big deal- they dont really knock on guys for that- there more looking out for racing and stuff- not dumb kids with computers in there cars- hehehhe
      my ride my team

Comment

Luckily they have better things to do than mess with nerds like us. Plus the great thing is, nerds like us probably all have a copy of the anarchy cookbook saved somewhere from childhood mischeif and could easily become a real pain. People dont think it but most cops arn't that bad, they are just doing their job.
        "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

Comment

btw, AWSOME SCREEN!
          "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

Comment

Is the airbag on the passenger side still clear to reach the passenger in case of a crash? Looks like you might fail a safety inspection when they look to see that the passenger side airbag may not function properly with that installed. I wouldn't worry about getting pulled over for it, but how easy is it to reinstall the original dash just for the inspection? Just a thought, I'm not trying to be cruel.

thanks
            Scott

Comment

damn, nice, didnt realize how much of a modification you had made to the dash with it out of the car.
              -Nick

Comment

not worried about any inspections- girlfriends dad is the head acura tech at the local acura dealership
                my ride my team

Comment

The pasenger airbags can be disabled on some cars so I don't see why it would matter too much.
                  Rav4MP3
                  BookPC - Celeron 500 - 128 MB - 10 GB - Pioneer Slot DVD
                  IRMan: 1 Pioneer Remote; 2 Credit Card Remotes - USB Keypad - RF Keyboard
                  5.8" LCD - 40 x 4 Backlit LCD Display
                  Running: WinME - Winamp Album List 1.36 Plugin - PCRemoteControl - PowerDVD 3.0

Comment

I think its only trucks with no back seat that the airbag can be disabled. The disable option is so you can have a small child or baby seat. I could be wrong, but I believe the government assumes that parents would put a child or baby in the back seat (the safest location for them to be). I have never heard of a car that it can be disabled. Let me know if this is not true, it would be good to know for future projects.

BTW, 2k1civic, it is a good looking setup. You'd better keep your girlfriend on your good side so her dad hooks you up with a sticker.

thanks
                    Scott

Comment

Dont know about your laws, they may be different, but here in UK every car can have its air bags disabled, because of babies being killed in baby carriers mounted on passanger seat when the air bag goes off.
                      -------------------------------------------
                      (=========-) 99% complete
                      --------------------------------------------
                      AMD K6/2 500 @ 450mhz to keep heat and power usage down, 64Mb, slim CDrom drive, 64mb USB pendrive for MP3 transfer, 10Gb 2.5" drive for MP3, USB>RS232
                      All jammed in external CDROM drive case.
                      Kenwood KVC-1000r In-Dash LCD. x-10 MouseRemote. Destinator V2 Gps. DC-DC with onboard Shutdown controller.
                      ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Man this is cool in India

99.9 % of the cars dont have AIR bags ..

heheh

mastero

Comment

Hmm, I think, I think, I think... that it looks like your dash vomited all over your nice car.. lol
                          2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
                          register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

I hope this isn't you -->
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...997103&r=0&t=0

I'm trying for my 4th gen Prelude. Can they fit your Civic?
                            SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                            GPSing - Digital Speedo
                            Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                            Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

no thats not me- hehe
                              and thanks alot mp3kid- i really apreceate your constructive critisism
                              my ride my team

Comment

Working...
                              X