WHich MOBo is better

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHich MOBo is better

Hi I am in d process of buying a New MoBo.. can some 1 PLs help me with some info as to which is a better 1 to buy in terms of speed and stuff
    -----1.5GHz VIA C7 Processor with cooling fan -----
    -----commell, LV-677DC--------

thanx for ur help
    Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
    2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
    120 Gb Laptop HD
    7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
    Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
    Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
    ----------
    Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Well, considering the Commell board uses a Pentium D CPU, it's going to be faster than the Via board with the C7 by leaps and bounds. Remember that the Via board has the CPU built into the board, while the Commell requires you to purchase it seperately.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I am also wondering will the m2x power supply be able to handle this board.

Comment

If you can afford it go with the commell especially since you current setup is a p4 2.8. The commell LV-677DC has to be powered by a dc to dc regulator like the p1900, you can't use a m2 atx since the board has its own built in psu

Comment

Originally posted by Kalt View Post
          If you can afford it go with the commell especially since you current setup is a p4 2.8. The commell LV-677DC has to be powered by a dc to dc regulator like the p1900, you can't use a m2x since the board has its own built in psu
          Hey Kalk, I see that you are using the aopen i945 board. Are you able to do a video overlay to the rear monitor for dvd and other videos to be in full screen or do you need another graphics card.

Comment

I'm pretty sure ive done that before. I just sent my board to aopen to get a bios clock problem fixed so trying asking the guys in the aopen thread, someone should be able to try it out for you.

Comment

the lv-677dc would be powered nicely by the uSDC20a from mpegbox http://www.mpegbox.net/microsdc/index.html i use this and it functions as startup/shutdown, while ensuring that nothing gets powered when the car is off, this is done with a relay, so there is a minimal draw from the SDC when the car is off. Also i power all my usb hubs, tft screen and wimax box off the built in regulator on the lv-677dc board-
              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Thanks for the good advice....
                Just a question...
                the input voltage of 8-21.... does it mean i can use it the power right from the car battery without using any DC DC converter......to use 1.8 Ghz cpu and 5-6 Usbs, fans and UV light......
                Also will it support 1.8 chip or does it necessaryly be have to use a core duo....

thanx
                2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                120 Gb Laptop HD
                Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                ----------

Comment

The board only supports the Core duo chips, as for the power i would suggest getting a carnetix p1900 or similar.

Comment

the board works fine straight off the car, but you should at least get a shutdown controller that powers off the 12V to the board, otherwise 5V will still be powered up even after windows has shut down.
                    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

also remember that the 12V rail is rated at 5 Amps and the 5V at 3 Amps for the built in regulator.
                      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Hey thanx for all the inputs.. I do have a CarPC EZ Shutdown controller. Just hope the 12v and 5 v rail are good enough for powering 6 USB and 2 fans and UV lights....And i hope Laptop Hard Disk is supported
                        ( the only prob now is the Core Duo 1.83 Ghz processor...not avalable as of now )
                        2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                        120 Gb Laptop HD
                        Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                        ----------

Comment

Can U let me know what kind of heat sink are u using.. is it the convention type or do i need some special heat sink with fan...
                          thanx
                          2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                          120 Gb Laptop HD
                          Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                          ----------

Comment

Working...
                          X