Red/Green Lighted Toggles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red/Green Lighted Toggles

I am looking for some lighted toggles. Apparently, they are not as popular as I thought they would be.

Ever seen the movie "The Soldier" with Kurt Russell that came out a couple of years ago? Well, the bad guys have this huge armored personell carrier with a really tricked out cockpit. In the cockpit, in the overhead switch panel, is a row of toggle switches. They start out lighted red, then when the guy flips the switch, they turn green.

When no power is applied, I assume they are clear to allow for the color change. I think they may be the same as the one in the top left of this picture:

The website I got the picture from neither lists prices nor ordering information.

I have checked digikey, jameco, allelectronics, MPJA, and every search engine known to me looking for these switches. Does ANYBODY know where I can get some or can point me in the right direction?
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

You could always hack one apart and replace the LED with a dual color LED.
    http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Hmm...I can get those from Radio Shack, most auto parts stores, and my local electronics shop...FWIW, the ones at the electronics shop are much higher quality than those found at Rat Shack or Canadian Tire...
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

well, f'n s!

whaddya know, I check the Radio Shack website and there they are. Thanks Aaron

edit: Here is a link to the switch
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Working...
        X