Help?!? CD-Headunit!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?!? CD-Headunit!?!

I opened my cdx-2500r Sony Cd-Unit I want to hack it but I don't know where to put in the signal! I want to switch between the cd and the mp3-pc while the headunit is in cd-mode! but how directly at the amp or on the cd-rom itself!
    it uses a tda-7386 for amplification!
    Please i need help and please don't post things like buy a hedunit with aux-in or buy something else!
    and please i need detailed instructions cause i'm not a genius in such hacking-things!
    THX a lot!
    Patrick

i would say give up. sorry. if it has changer inputs then you can do it alot easier...otherwise give up.

P.S. a little too many !'s...be more realistic

Comment

But i don't want to give it up it couldn't be that difficult!
      I want to hack this fu**ing headunit!

Comment

Trace the audio inputs to the amplifier back to the switching device that switches the cd/radio. Break the CD lines upstream of that and switch with a relay. Specific details are hard without having a unit to hack. It was easy enough to hack my Blaupunkt CAR300.

Rob
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

i read the instruction on your homepage! my headunit uses a tda-7386 to amplify my signal but which pins are the right ones where can i get a schematic of the chip (ic)???? Then I think it wouldn't be a problem!

Comment

I've a TDA7462D on my pcb is this the volume-controller??? maybe i get in the signal there???

Comment

I found a discribtion of the ic with the pin-out maybe now someone can help me i think i'm near to the solution of my problem! you can find the pdf-file here
              http://us.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/8345.pdf

Comment

You have the pin outs for the chip. Find the CD inputs and break them. insert a relay to switch from your aux in source and the normal CD source. This may only be an option if there is a CD in the drive, but anyway.... You have all the info that you need, so start MAKING something.
                Monger
                ICQ-7207702
                UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

cd-r + right positive
                  cd-r - right negative
                  cd-l + left positive
                  cd-l - left negative

if you dont understand these then put the cover back on your head deck and buy one with aux input

cheers
                  pcman

Comment

Wait a minute i laugh later!
                    I would do it like that but I'm not totally sure!

Comment

That looks correct, have fun

Comment

I tried finding a solution and I've made a circuit with 4 relays!
                        But there are some questions!
                        1) Is this circuit possible?
                        2) Do I really need the diodes and is the direction correct?
                        If I need them what type of diodes are the best?
                        3) From where should I get the electricity directly from the
                        carbattery, the pc-powersupply, the LPT-port...?
                        4) Which are the best relays to use?
                        THX Patrick

Comment

1) This circuit is possible. I have done it.

2) The diodes are to prevent back emf from destroying whatever you are switching the relays with (transistors in my case). The polarity of the diodes should be so that they are usually reverse biased. Silicon signal diodes (eg, 1N4148 or 1N916) are adequate.

3) You can get the electricity from wherever you like (electrons are electrons). Depends on your relay coil rating. You should buffer the outputs of the parallel port if you choose to use your parallel port to switch (I've always found open collectors a useful thing here, since they are independent of your coil rating, unlike emitter followers).

4) When I did this I didn't bother switching the grounds (I used a single DPDT relay). There was a ground loop problem which was easily solved with a ground loop isolator on the new aux-in input. Gold contact relays are ideal for switching signal level lines.

Rob
                          Old Systems retired due to new car
                          New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
                          X