VIA MII10000 boot broblem and Audigy 2ZS notebook broblem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA MII10000 boot broblem and Audigy 2ZS notebook broblem

OK, the wierdest thing happened the other day. I turned on the carpc and I got an error message during post saying:

"CPU has changed! Please re-enter cpu settings in the bios and remember to save before exit."

Ok, wierd I didnt change anything, so I enter the fail-safe settings and save. boots fine. Shutdown. Come back 2 hours later, boot, same message. So I figure its the CMOS battery and I change it for a fresh one. Still does the same thing. Also, the time and date reset every time. Now I forcefully have to press F1 to continue booting everytime I start the pc. Does anyone know what is happening and how can I fix this?

Also, I use an Audigy 2ZS notebook sound card. I used to be able to hibernate in the middle of an mp3 and it would resume after comming out of hibernate. Now it mutes when commin out of hibernate and I have to go back to the home screen and go back into music for it to unmute. I am using MediaEngine. WTF is happening to my carpc? Help!
    My PC: VIA MII10000 | 512MB DDR400 Corsair XMS | 80GB HDD | Creative SB Audigy 2ZS notebook | 7" Xenarc TS | M2-ATX | Custom Box |

95 Mustang (99-04 Saleen Style)

For Sale: Custom Panels

I recently had to send mine (M10000) in to badcaps.net because many of the capacitors had bulged...and caused the computer to reboot etc.

However I would first replace the BIOS battery...on mine it was a standard CR2032 3v watch battery.

While you are swapping out the battery, look to see if your capacitors are flat on top...or if some have rounded domes...they were all flat at the factory.

And in case you don't know...the capacitors are those tall tin can type things...there are about 15 of them on the mini-itx mobo.
    current projects

Comment

Well I finally fixed the boot problem. It was not the bios battery; it was the f_cking keyboard!!!! I bought a Labtek wireless kb and mouse from radioshack because it was on sale for $10. I should have expected that because my problems began when I plugged in the kb. I just bought a PS/2 USB adapter for $5 so maybe I can still use it via USB rather than the PS/2 ports without causing problems. Its so wierd thou, I never thought a keyboard could reset the cmos.

As for my SB Audigy 2ZS notebook card; I still cant get it to resume playback after hibernate. And another thing, I connect my Dell DJ to the line-in jack and the card recognizes the input as a microphone rather than stereo line-in. WTF?
      My PC: VIA MII10000 | 512MB DDR400 Corsair XMS | 80GB HDD | Creative SB Audigy 2ZS notebook | 7" Xenarc TS | M2-ATX | Custom Box |

95 Mustang (99-04 Saleen Style)

For Sale: Custom Panels

Comment

I've started to get the same problem that you mentioned with the CMOS. After a day or 2 I get a message at POST that the CPU settings have changed...hit F1 or Del to continue. First thing I'm going to do is change the CMOS battery. I hope that fixes it. I'm using a USB keyboard with a trackball mouse on it. I hope that's not the problem.
        Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

Comment

I just got my M10000 back from badcaps.net.

Mine had about 10 capacitors that were swollen and about to start leaking. It seemed like the computer kept running slower and slower, and locked up more often (I thought it was software issues). I started to get that BIOS message...then eventually the computer started rebooting on its own...

Now it boots fast, runs fast (for a mini-itx) and no reboots.

FYI
          current projects

Comment

Working...
          X