X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Lenght problem mabey? Sound lagging

Hey , A tech question.

I have about 4 , 5m lenght runs of USB cable

One for my Ipod , one for my USB soundblaster , one for my touchscreen , one for a keyboard and mouse splitter , also im running Wifi GPS and a bluetooth usb .

I find that my usb speeds are slow and sometimes my audio stutters, would this be because of the lenghts of usb cable im using
    my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

USB 1.1 or 2.0

"When using a USB cable there are two different lengths that can be used. For a high speed device the maximum length USB cable is five meters which is a little bit less than 16 feet and 5 inches. For a low speed device the maximum length USB cable is three meters which is about 9 feet and 10 inches. If you want to use a maximum length USB cable it all depends on if you have a high speed device or a low one. The electrical design does not allow for the USB cable to be any longer than these specified lengths."

Info from: http://technology.bostonapartments.c...usb-cable.html

I'm sure the device on the end of that run IE USB soundblaster can be a be a problem.
    Setup:
    Dynaudio 240GT
    PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
    Zapco DSP6
    ADS DAC
    Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Usb 2.0
      my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

Comment

Also how are those connected, and how many usb controllers are in use? USB, as far as i'm aware, has a fixed bandwith per controller, so as you add devices, the available bandwidth goes down. If you're using a hub, or your motherboard only has two ports (and one controller, I would think), then all of those devices are probably fighting for bandwidth and losing.

Comment

Hrmmm good point with wifi and sound on the same port it could be using a bit of bandwidth but not 480mp/s Ill try to diagnois it im sure its easy egnough to do
          my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

I think 480 Mb/s is just a theoretical top speed, i'm sure the actual usable speed on the bus is much less..

Comment

I might try these repeater cables out
              my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

Working...
              X