Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does m1 led indicate?

Hi guys,

Don't seem to be getting any power out of my m1. I've checked that the fastoon terminals are all receiving appropriate voltages but after that I'm at a loss!

Does the LED connection on the m1 indicate power or that the motherboard is receiving power or that the whole system is running?

If it is just supposed to indicate that the m1 is receving power then the m1 must be shot because its definetley getting both its 12v feeds.

Any other suggestions?

Andy
    -------------------------
    What's that burning smell?

Originally posted by a-ten View Post
    Hi guys,

Don't seem to be getting any power out of my m1. I've checked that the fastoon terminals are all receiving appropriate voltages but after that I'm at a loss!

Does the LED connection on the m1 indicate power or that the motherboard is receiving power or that the whole system is running?

If it is just supposed to indicate that the m1 is receving power then the m1 must be shot because its definetley getting both its 12v feeds.

Any other suggestions?

Andy
    It turns on when the computer turns on. If your computer isn't on I don't think the LED would be on.

Make sure J6 is connect to the MOBO's power switch. If it is try reversing, for some MOBO's the polarity matters. Also try jumping the J8 pins. I once thought mine was dead. I accidently pushed the switch connected to J8, and it came to life. It just stopped responding to the IGN wire. Just for the hell of it I tried burning a new PIC chip with the firmware, and it once again started responding to the IGN line.

Has it ever worked? What MOBO/CPU are you using? The M1 doesn't really like P4's.
    -ZtH01
    "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

Lol no it has never worked mate, 12v just seems to get lost in it. I'll try shorting J8 though.

It should work perfectly though, being an Epia M10000. I get the impression they're more or less made for one another.

Andy

Comment

Still no joy. I just don't see why (unless the m1 is faulty) the following test doesn't work:

Definetley supply 12v to the + and sw terminals, and definetley give 0v to the - terminal. Then ground the green wire from the atx!

None of the other atx connections give any power though!

The only other thing i can think of is this motherboard power on connection but I've tried messing around with that when the system was set up fully to begin with.

Shorting J8 didn't work either

I'm too tired and disappointed to continue. It'll have to wait til tomoro.

However, whilst i'm asleep here in the UK, anyone on the forum have any other ideas on how to test it?

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X