AM/FM radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM/FM radio

As a sports fan I find it somewhat necessary to retain my ability to tune in to the AM waves. I've found plenty of FM recievers but AM seems like a lost cause.

I've scoured the forums and the only AM/FM radio reciever hardware I find mentioned is the ADS Cadet ... but it's ISA.. I don't have ISA x.x

Any other options out there other than using your head or using a regular radio?

The PCR1000 seems promissing... Anybody using that or something like it? Pros/Cons?
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

How did you find that?!? I spent hours looking on google and the only thing that turned up was the Cadet. Have you found a price yet?

*Edit*
    Sheesh! $350. I'll stick with my good ole Cadet. Good find, though.
    Don't Click

Comment

$350 x.x I was under the impression it would be closer to $200 (still way more than i really would like to spend..)

Any other ideas?
      aka Kumaneko
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation

Comment

Look what I found. It does exist!

http://www.arstech.com/usbisa.htm
        Don't Click

Comment

But for another $119 x.x

It may be worth it when I get rid of the head for an amp though.
          aka Kumaneko

Comment

Yeah...I hear ya on the ISA slot - That was a must on the motherboard I was going to buy for this project...I ended up finding one - it was from Microstar. I bought the radio cardx for $6.95 from Solutions 4 Sure http://www.solutions4sure.com/Produc...=55569&iid=342

It seems to work pretty well...although the AM didn't work very well in my office (lots of interference).

- Jeff
            95 Mustang GT Convertible
            87 Mustang GT Convertible
            My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

diversity ?

has anyone seen a card with diversity (2+ ant in)?
              If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

It's hard to believe there isn't some sort of USB solution out there for this.. With all of this centralizing around the PC in the home environment I really can't understand why nobody has developed such a thing
                aka Kumaneko

Comment

http://www.outpost.com/product/2635602/ <-- Anybody try this?
                  It's a Stucio PCTV usb unit that features tv tuner/capture and AM/FM radio tuner (according to this site)
                  aka Kumaneko

Comment

The manufacturer's site just says FM radio.
                    Don't Click

Comment

Yup.. I just discovered that myself x.x The search goes on
                      aka Kumaneko

Comment

$54 for a PCI to ISA card

http://www.costronic.com.tw/Ev71p.htm

Comment

The sentence, "If you are not a professional Firmware and Hardware engineer, please don't buy", is a little intimidating. If anyone gets this to work, let's hear about it.
                          Don't Click

Comment

There was also a note in there somewhere saying that it probably won't work in your motherboard
                            aka Kumaneko

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
                              The manufacturer's site just says FM radio.
                              Actually I was talking to someone who has it and he says it has AM also.. I don't know.. maybe they just stopped including AM?
                              aka Kumaneko

Comment

Working...
                              X