Adding a hard drive to jvc kd-g720

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a hard drive to jvc kd-g720

Hi I'm new to the forums and was hoping some of you guys could lend me a hand with some knowledge. I recently bought a jvc kd-g720 with usb support on the head unit. The user's manual says that the unit only supports up to 4g of hard drive space, so basically small flash drives. I have read other places that people are using 60g, 20g, 15g, and so on with this same unit but none tell how to exceed the 4g limit. I tried doing this with a 2.5 Western Digital 60g hard drive from Best Buy, but it doesn't even attempt to read it. I tried reformatting it to differnt types like Fat16 and even NTFS (it was originally in Fat32) but nothing works, so I thought it might not be getting enough power through the head unit usb port to power the 2.5" hard drive. I got a power adapter went back out and tried it, but nothing seems to work.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

bump!

Comment

This is not the place for this. This site is about computers and carputers.

Check out a JVC specific forum, or perhaps an Car Audio specific forum.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Evan8482 View Post
          will do thanks
          My pleasure. Good luck in your search.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
          X