usb cdrom issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usb cdrom issues

I have had very bad luck with getting a usb cdrom to work in the car. I have 2 differnet ones, both laptop style. Both don't seem to be able to get enough power off of dual usb ports. It seems the only way i could ever get one to work was to use an inverter to run the cdrom power.

Any ideas so i can avoid using an inverter?

I am using a usb powered hub and same issue. I tired using the ps/2 connecter for power too.

What have you guys done?

Also I am using a dssatx power supply, so there is plenty of power.

Thanks
    FKA psptibby

Originally posted by psptibby View Post
    I have had very bad luck with getting a usb cdrom to work in the car. I have 2 differnet ones, both laptop style. Both don't seem to be able to get enough power off of dual usb ports. It seems the only way i could ever get one to work was to use an inverter to run the cdrom power.

Any ideas so i can avoid using an inverter?

I am using a usb powered hub and same issue. I tired using the ps/2 connecter for power too.

What have you guys done?

Also I am using a dssatx power supply, so there is plenty of power.

Thanks
    Mine is powered off a m2-atx.. spliced into a molex connector (though alot of people don't like my usb cdrom setup, the way I did it is because I had the parts there. no need in buying extra parts to do it any other way..)

Comment

Here's a thread where we discussed similar connectivity issues...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84978

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will give that a try. I just got my computer back and running after 2months of being down. The power i ran to the sirius tuner had a short with a screw in the dash so the psu wouldn't turn on, go figure.
        FKA psptibby

Comment

Working...
        X