Toshiba CD drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba CD drive

I've learned that Nakamichi apparently makes the CD drives for Toshiba.

I've found this part number for a slim cd drive from Toshiba: SD-C5002

Apparently this drive is no longer made.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to find this drive anywhere, as a search on google hasn't yielded anything for me, only old pages and the drive apparently isn't available on those pages any more.

Anyone?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

How about this?

http://www.ultradrives.com/product_i...roducts_id/827

SD-C2712 was replaced by the SD-C2732, $70

or

SD-C2502 for $100

http://www.lapzone.com/servlet/the-4...-LAPTOP/Detail

91 Stealth RT/TT
    CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Now, considering that Red was looking for a very specific model of drive, why would you post links to different models?

There's a reason she wants this specific model drive, probably related to sound quality and the rep of the manufacturer, Nakamichi.
      It's easy to find a slim DVD drive. But finding the exact one she wants... That's another matter.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        Now, considering that Red was looking for a very specific model of drive, why would you post links to different models?

There's a reason she wants this specific model drive, probably related to sound quality and the rep of the manufacturer, Nakamichi.
        It's easy to find a slim DVD drive. But finding the exact one she wants... That's another matter.
        He didn't claim to have found the exact drive either. Maybe Red is interested in what model number replaced it too. And if she isn't, maybe someone else is.

We have to be positive

List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          I've learned that Nakamichi apparently makes the CD drives for Toshiba.

I've found this part number for a slim cd drive from Toshiba: SD-C5002

Apparently this drive is no longer made.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to find this drive anywhere, as a search on google hasn't yielded anything for me, only old pages and the drive apparently isn't available on those pages any more.

Anyone?
          Read his/her original quote again.

Then you find out, he/she suggests that more than that model are made by Nak for Toshiba.
          Then you find out, that model is not made anymore, so what's the point in searching for it more than he/she already has?
          Then you assume that he/she is asking if this is the only drive he's looking for. I looked at specs for that model, and this one seems to have similar specs, and he/she might be able to use it as a replacement, if the first statement is all he/she cares about. The model he/she was looking for, MIGHT be slot load, but he/she didn't specify that as a requirement.

SD-C2502's are used in Dell laptops, and one of the dimension tiny cased pc's, they are made partially by Nak, but have toshiba circuit boards and firmware, I have 2 in stock for business inventory (cannot sell to anyone here).

I could have pointed him/her to a very close model number, the SD-R5002, would that make you happy? Even for the fact that it's not a slim line drive?

PS: Thanks JC!

91 Stealth RT/TT
          CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
          Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub

Comment

That's good information, defintiely.
            However, you didn't specify that in your reply. You simply said "What about this model" and posted a link.
            The bit about those subsequent models also being manufactured by Nakamichi would have been helpful and avoided this confrontation....

Can you confirm that the models you specified are manugfactured by Nakamichi?
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yes, can you? That would be highly helpful.

And I did fail to specify, but I do need a slot load drive if at all possible.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'm not the one saying that all or a lot of toshiba drives are made by nakamichi, she said or implied that. I think it's really the other way around, since the nakamichi we are talking about, died around 2002, around the time frame of the two drives I have (late 2001 manufacture date). I had a nak head unit that skipped terribly, and warranty help was nowhere to be found in 2003.

The drives don't say matsu****a, they don't say hitachi, but the address written on them seems to suggest they are assembled in the Philippenes, with address/parts from Singapore. They do say Toshiba however.

I don't post to confront, I was just pointing a couple links to a member with over 6000 posts that surely knows more than the average n00b. I didn't include that much detail, assuming they knew what they were talking about.

EDIT: Sorry, posted this before reading your reply Red. This is all the info I have, Nakamichi is not the same Nakamichi at all these days, so I wouldn't even bother hoping it's better quality than a pioneer slot load for some reason.

91 Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Working...
                X