Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with alarm - remote start (fuel pump off?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with alarm - remote start (fuel pump off?)

Hi!

I have just installed Magicar 902F alarm system and my installer is still figuring out what is wrong. I have a problem with remote start. Everything looks ok, but when I press the button for remote start, car tries to start the car, but fuel pump is off. It cranks but of course it cannot start without a gas. We checked every signal, every cable, everything is installed as it should be. What can be wrong here - any ideas?

Regards!

Uros
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
    Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

most times, there are more than one ign feed that needs to be powered,,, most alarms only provide one output, you need to wire in a relay to power the other(s)... this has to be the problem, UNLESS.. you have some sort of passkey system that your not accounting for... what kind of vehicle is it??
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

It is 1996 Honda delSol. Of course when I try to remote start it, I leave a key in the car, because car has imobilizator and it is not possible to turn it on without a key (in case there is no key, starter doesn't even start cranking). This is the only protection in the car, and of course car alarm itself. It looks like when I start the engine with remote, that fuel pump stays disabled (off), but I don't know why.
      System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
      Honda delSol project
      CarDomain

Comment

don't know much about the hondas, but I've seen some imobilizers that need the key to turn at the same time...

if your alarm is doing everything your ign switch is doing it has to start... your missing something, either the imobilizer, which you will need an interface for anyway, or a power lead not being brought up...

Comment

Ok, interesting... but I think it doesn't work that way in Hondas... for example:

If I don't have a key in my car and press remote start, the car doesn't even crank (starter is quiet). If I put the key in, it will start cranking and engine will turn on (for 1/2 second till it is out of gas - fuel pump off).

What do you think?
          Honda delSol project
          CarDomain

Comment

I think whoever installed it didn't do it right. Yes you need to have a spare key inside the dash, as well as a device to 'fool' the tranciever into thinking that key is in the ignition, but i've never run into that particular problem with hondas. It sounds like he may have missed an ignition wire or something.

Comment

Ignition wire? Not possible, because engine is cranking and turns on... it is something else, because I hear a relay for default alarm protection that disables fuel pump. But I don't know how it is possible that the same alarm that have a command to turn on an engine via remote, disables fuel pump at the same time?!
              Honda delSol project
              CarDomain

Comment

Is this car an automatic or stick? I had to disable the clutch wire... You should look at a wiring diagram for the ignition key cylinder, the ECU, and the MPI relay (if so equipped). There is more than just 1 wire that has to be active to start the car. Not too familiar with Honda's.

From your first couple build pictures, it almost looks like you have a manual transmission, unless you put a boot over the A/T shifter (which I did on my talon)

91 Stealth RT/TT
                CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
                Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

yeah, for my auto start, they had to put in my valet key into the dash, as well as disable my clutch wire so it works..

now I can start my car w/o pressing the clutch lol

Good luck on yours
                  Emo

Comment

THERE CAN BE MORE THAN ONE IGN WIRE.... just because you think everythings coming up, doesn't mean it is.....

Comment

Yes I have manual transmission and my car starts without pressing the clutch also.
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

Comment

As turbocad says, often there can be two ignition wires in a car. That may or may not be the problem though. A good test for this would be to put your key in the ignition and turn it to 'ON', then trigger the remote start. If it works, then there's something wired wrong, if it STILL doesn't work..well..damned if I know.

That's at least a good test though, see if it does that. Turn the key to 'ON' without starting it, then try the remote start.

Comment

I can't, because in this case the will not go in reservation mode. The only case it goes to reservation mode is, that you have your engine on, shift to neutral, push the hand brake, turn the key to off, the engine will still running... you open do door, leave the car, close the doors, the engine will power off, then you lock the car and this are the only steps you can you remote start... some kind of protection for manual transmission cars
                          Honda delSol project
                          CarDomain

Comment

For my Honda I needed an immobilizer too. Same problem. It is a newer Honda and the key only had to be within 5 or so feet of the key. And I didn't need a spare key in the dash! Just use the 555h or 555i (mine used the i) and when it gets the remote signal it simulates the key in the "on" position, getting the pump and everything running, then it send serial key transmissions down the key data line simulation the key being near, and then starts. manual clutch bypass too.

Before I knew my Honda had this "protection", it would sound like it was on with no engine running for a second or two, and then off, and then on for a couple secs and then off. Sort of sounds like what you are having.

I would also check for a secong ignition wire. I had 2 ignition wires, and an accessory wire that needed to have +12v for the car to start. So it is entirely possible that you are missing 1 or 2 wires being connected. And use relays!

And that manual protection thing sucks! Just get an auto kit and bypass the clutch. Done and done. You have to park it in Nuetral anyways for that way to work, so why not. Just don't use the button if you didn't park it. And then you can always get a tilt switch for the bottom that will send a "neutral" signal instead of "park" signal and trip the remote start. Seeing as how your kit is for a maunal depending on the complexity of the unit, you may already have one.

And plus, you can "remote start" your car while still driving, then take park, take out your key, get out and lock your doors while still running for 5/10/20 minutes on those days below -10!

I wouldn't want it any other way. Had it installed for a year now, use it to start my car almost everytime I get in to get the PC booted or car warmed/AC'ed and never once has it been in gear and run over little children. And keep in mind, I go from home to school 2 to 3 times a day 5 times a week, and then I deliver chinese food for 5 hours 5 days a week starting and stopping the car to almost off about 10 to 15 times an hour.
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

What is 555h or 555i?

About manual protection, I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it, because that's how alarm works - I think it is not possible to change that.
                              Honda delSol project
                              CarDomain

Comment

Working...
                              X