Really weird rebooting problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really weird rebooting problem.

I go over bumps all the time in my car, but sometimes when I go over railroad tracks, and ONLY when going over railroad tracks, the computer will shut off hard and then boot up again. I don't get it, the hard drive is cushioned on those rubber rings that come with it and everything is hooked up properly. I took it all apart and checked it.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
    I go over bumps all the time in my car, but sometimes when I go over railroad tracks, and ONLY when going over railroad tracks, the computer will shut off hard and then boot up again. I don't get it, the hard drive is cushioned on those rubber rings that come with it and everything is hooked up properly. I took it all apart and checked it.
    Don't drive over Railroad tracks then.

Maybe the Canadian railway system has it in for you?

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I pulled all the wiring out today and noticed what the problem was.....probably. This is embarassing but I remembered to put heat shrink on all the joins, however I forgot to actually move the heat shrink over the join for the switched wire, it was just the soldered connection hanging out under the dash and the heat shrink was just sliding up and down the wire. Case closed, lesson learned, I'm a moron.
      Ampie Case
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

if its not that, you might want to check to see if your ram is properly seated and latched in... just a thought.
        03 Accord coupe
        2.4 ghz media pc, DSSC, 200w Inverter, xenarc 7inch ts.
        Parts: 75%
        Install: 75%

Comment

It's not as bad but it's still happening. And only when it's my front right wheel, I don't get it. The only thing I can figure is the hard drive is getting banged up somehow on bumps.
          Ampie Case
          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Do not mount it on any type of cushioning, because that will create some pendulum effect (or whatever you call it). Basically, the "suspension" will keep it bouncing.
            Bolt it down to the case securely.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I GOT IT! I was working on my car yesterday and I thought, "What would the front right wheel have to do with it? What's near that related to the computer?" The only thing above that wheel is the battery. And presto, when I checked the Stinger fuse holder, it was about 1 millimeter too big for the fuse so if you pulled on the wire on one end, it pulled the end away from the fuse and shut down the computer. Then when you let go, it went back and booted the computer again. So when I was going over bumps it was doing the same thing. So I shoved a piece of baking foil into the fuse holder to take up the gap and it's fixed.
              Ampie Case
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Working...
              X