Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VW Golf Stock head unit to PDA via CD Changer Port??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Golf Stock head unit to PDA via CD Changer Port??

Hello all,

I have used for some time, my PDA with a 3.5mm cable to the Aux In on my old Cd unit.

I've just picked up a new WV Golf and would like to keep the stock headunit.

I have read that the CD Changer plug can be manipulated to control say an Ipod. I was wondering then if, i could use the CD Changer plug to control my PDA music from the headunit...

I figure i will need to connect the CD Changer plug to somekind of Serial out port from the PDA so need to know

A) If anyone else has done this?
    B) If there is an aftermarket product?
    C) What Software i will need to send shortcut keys (?) via the serial this will run on the PDA...

Ideas please folks, the PDA is a Dell Axim X50V with Windows 2003....

thanks,

Nick

You may try this:
    http://gromaudio.com
    Car pc integration with ease
    Car mediacenter

Comment

I have just wet myself. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I just found this post while searching for solutions to make an mp3 interface for my car without building a carputer.

I am trying to make an interface utilizing the hardware I already have (ipod, various other mp3 players, pocket pc, external hard drive, flash drive (+ going to buy a clarion EQS746 for audio i/o)

Looking at the Grom devices made me think: If they can make a usb interface which allows you to control hard drives and ipods with the factory radio controls, shouldn't it be possible (and perhaps easier) to make a usb interface which allows you to control a hard drive or ipod with a pocket pc or other similar electronic device?

Comment

Working...
        X