Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus and Dell OptiPlex GX270

Hi,

I need some help, I want to change from a laptop to a normal PC in the car. Im looking at a Dell OptiPlex GX270 because they are cheap. Does anyone know if you can put an OPUS PSU in one of these things

Thanks!

Open it up and look at the motherboard.
    Does the motherboard use a standard wo-pin ATX connector fromt he power supply? Double-check the pinouts idf it is a 20--pin ATX power connector to make sure it follows the standard pin-out.
    If it does, then you can use the OPus with it.

However, I think you'll find that the connector is not your standard 20-pin ATX connector.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is not a standard ATX connector, and i'm vaguely sure that someone has figured out the pin-mappings so you can use one with it, but i'm even LESS sure as to where that pinout would be.

Comment

hi janntassa
        the powersuply is standard.. I use the gx260.. dell stopped making non standard powersupply a while go.. I use a dsatx, but the thing is with the dell mobo is that the pins you need to turn it on are on a circuit board... As the forum on here says you will have to short 2 pins one one row at at time till ya find the 2 pins..
        One thing i hav noticed is that my pc speaker does not work anymore... i wouldnt mind hearing the beep from the touchscreen but ohwell.
        KIAs can have car pcs too..

Comment

I am thinking of using a GX260 Mother Board as well.

Where did you connect the Power Switch wire??? I can't figure out where it goes on this motherboard!!

Any way to help out??

Todd

Originally posted by nigwhyrito View Post
          hi janntassa
          the powersuply is standard.. I use the gx260.. dell stopped making non standard powersupply a while go.. I use a dsatx, but the thing is with the dell mobo is that the pins you need to turn it on are on a circuit board... As the forum on here says you will have to short 2 pins one one row at at time till ya find the 2 pins..
          One thing i hav noticed is that my pc speaker does not work anymore... i wouldnt mind hearing the beep from the touchscreen but ohwell.

Comment

Just an update for those interested. I installed the Dell motherboard, and all is well. Amazing how easy it was to get the mobo to work.

Comment

whered you find the pinouts for the board? ive been trying to find some for a gx520 board

Comment

bump this up, using a gx270, does anyone know which are the power pins?

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
                  bump this up, using a gx270, does anyone know which are the power pins?
                  This may help:
                  http://www.lnmdesign.com/400sc/front_pnl.html
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                  X