internet button on my pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet button on my pc

i bought the pc from a friend and it did'nt come with the original cd's and i was wondering how to use the internet button on the pc ... on that same board there is a volme control and a standby button that work fien but the internet button does't do anything .

I would likre to use it to shutdown the pc OR use the standby button to shutdown the pc that whay i would have to have a keyboard
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Those keyboards usually need the software to work....I guess u gotta look for it...
    Sproggy Mk2.8 & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800 mini-Itx 256mb Ram, 15G notebook HDD

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

ok but it's not on a keyboard ... its on the casse
      Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

ooops.......sounds like some pc we used to have over here....its called my genie or something.....and yes...it needs software to run too..... any manufacturer info on the pc or on the mobo?

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

forgto to say
          its a compaq presario 4508

Comment

er....have u tried getting the drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Paladin

Comment

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_res...odel=2695&Os=0

hope that helps a wee bit

Paladin

Comment

i went there earlyer but did'nt find anything but this time i'm going to download the keyboard and input devise drivers and give it a try

Comment

Tell me if it works........ It would help if u know where the switched are connected to..... If its to the mobo, maybe there is something in your bios that would do the trick... and looking for a specific mobo driver would be easier compared to checking out drivers based on the pc model..

Anyone else have any ideas?

Paladin

Comment

Cosidering this is a box for a prefab rig, the button may only work with the board that came with it.

The button must have leads that run off to a connector on the board... And for something like this I'd imagine there would need to be some sort of custom pins to connect it to, for the computer to interperet as "dial this default ISP connection" I'd imagine.
                    aka Kumaneko
                    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinkunoNamida
                      Cosidering this is a box for a prefab rig, the button may only work with the board that came with it.

The button must have leads that run off to a connector on the board... And for something like this I'd imagine there would need to be some sort of custom pins to connect it to, for the computer to interperet as "dial this default ISP connection" I'd imagine.
                      /me agrees

Comment

Working...
                      X