• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again...Another small computer

A friend just emailed me this link:

http://www.tiqit.com/
    Don't Click

I personally thought that this would be more applicable to our situation... Looka at this thing...

http://www.tiqit.com/mpc/mpc.html

Comment

look at the specs though, 66MHZ 486 or 133MHZ 586. As long as you like yout mp3's slow I've seen a couple DIMM based systems with similar specs, at one time I was designing/building a HP200LX like pda/pamltop based off one.

Comment

Originally posted by knix
        I personally thought that this would be more applicable to our situation... Looka at this thing...

http://www.tiqit.com/mpc/mpc.html

I think no. $1500 for a 66/133mhz processor, 16/32MB SDRAM and 1GB drive that theoretically runs Windows? I'll pass. It makes no sense when you can buy a PIII700Mhz Cappuccino G1 with 20GB drive for ~$600. Hmmm, let me think which one I want....
        Don't Click

Comment

I know... It's not really a good choice... But I still thought it would be neat... You can make a really small MP3 Player out of it. Of course you could just buy an MP3 player.

Comment

What I want to know is who makes these 4" LCDs with built in touch screens?

Comment

check out www.massworks.com...

Comment

Originally posted by swijmf
                check out www.massworks.com...

Not the same screens. The ID-75s have low quality 5.6" screens.
                Don't Click

Comment

that tiqit thingy was on the ScreenSavers the other night, and it looks really friggin cool. I would get one of those over a laptop anyday, and not just for carputers, either
                  Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                  Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                  I'M DEBT FREE!!
                  I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I think the new one "83" would be perfect for my car computer needs.

It is running a 300Mhz Geode processor, USB and video out as well as the onboard 4" touchscreen.

I can see myself getting this and a dock, permantly mount the dock in the truck, get a nice TFT VGA screen for the dash, and when I leave the truck, the computer comes with me.

It would be really nice if the machine could drive both the internal and external screens at the same time, then you could control the menu from the touchscreen right next to you, but display on the larger screen.

They said it would be priced comparable to a laptop. I hope that means no more than $1000.

I would pay for the power in a small size...it seems if I am not in the truck, I am either on an aircraft, or the train...wasn't that a movie?
                    current projects

Comment

Working...
                    X