Pioneer Aux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer Aux

has anybody managed to get the aux to work and use a cd changer, without the box of tricks, just by soldering onto the wires on the ip bus?
    my HU does have a aux source mode aswell as multi cd so i assume it would work with this?

this *WILL* work, but i have not soldered anything to my deck...

i figure im just gonna get the p-bus adapter and deal with paying the money rather then damaging my radio...

but yes, it can be done, and several people here have hacked their radios (not necessarily pioneer)

~Mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

I forked out for the box of trix.

It is really small, I had seen a picture of it on a few sites, and it looked massive.

There are two different parts depending on your needs:
      Pioneer part number CDRB10
      and CDRB20

The CDRB10 is a single cable with RCA connectors at one end, and the IP-BUS connector at the other.(I havn't seen one close up though)

The CDRB10 (which I have got) Has a small box at one end with RCA connectors as an input, and also an IP socket as a second input for a CD changer/DAB tuner. There is a wire comming out of the back of the box that has the IP plug for the back of the Head Unit. There are 3 other wires comming out the back.
      12V in
      12V through put (to power a second box??)(I have this blanked off)
      and an Earth.

I guess you could have a few of these cables and have a Computer and a Changer and a DAB tuner and a MiniDisk player and.....

The possabilities are endless(and expensive at 50 a time)
      But I figured that if I ever wanted to expand I could do with the ability to. And Pioneer don't import the CDRB10 into the UK.
      So I was always going to have to get the CDRB20.
      It all looks a bit complicated to me

1st attempt went OK, but was too slow. Next version is all onboard, will use push buttons on the com ports, got a 200MHz 6x86, 128MB RAM, Winamp. Sproggy 2.6 kit in progress. 12GB Laptop HDD. No case yet!

Comment

just solder some wire to a 1 pin computer jumper and stick it to the ip bus pins.

Comment

just solder some wire to a 1 pin computer jumper and stick it to the ip bus pins.
          what does that do?

as for the original question, try searching.
          [SIZE=1]'91 Nissan Stanza

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] XX% Completed -
          Car Totaled and i bought a 20G mp3 player

http://machs-fuel.tk
          a DIY video projector page

Comment

Originally posted by Machs_FueL

what does that do?

as for the original question, try searching.
            there's 4 pins on the aux adapter that are aux in....

r/gnd l/gnd. so you solder up a jumper to some wire and bam. you have the aux in adapter.

Comment

That's what I did, worked fine.
              www.arbybean.com

Comment

i tried searching there were plenty of people saying they were going to do it but no one said it acutally worked.

I cant just put jumpers on the pins as the cable for the cd changer will be on them, i will have to splice into the cable,
                this was the question if i do splice it will it work on the aux?

Comment

Originally posted by EddyP
                  i tried searching there were plenty of people saying they were going to do it but no one said it acutally worked.

I cant just put jumpers on the pins as the cable for the cd changer will be on them, i will have to splice into the cable,
                  this was the question if i do splice it will it work on the aux?

if you already have the cable then I suggest you dont do it. just go out and buy the adapter that has cd changer control and aux in,

Comment

Working...
                  X