Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetway J7F3E questions

Hey all,

Boxcar is looking into this for me, but he is pretty busy, so I thought I'd ask here in case someone else knows:

Has Jetway released a BIOS that supports S1 AND S3 yet?
    Can you you any of the dual pci risers out there with this board or are they incompatible?

Thanks!

36hr hour bump

Comment

jetway

Originally posted by vettejock99 View Post
      Hey all,

Boxcar is looking into this for me, but he is pretty busy, so I thought I'd ask here in case someone else knows:

Has Jetway released a BIOS that supports S1 AND S3 yet?
      Can you you any of the dual pci risers out there with this board or are they incompatible?

Thanks!
      I just bought my first car pc off him today seems like a very knowledgeable individual. Seems like a very nice guy too, very informative.

Have you delt with him in the past?
      what is s1/s3?

Comment

I'm just a tad surprised over the fact that Jetway's website offers Via Sata drivers, Via 4in1 drivers and Via PM800 VGA drivers for this board. When I looked at the specs it said it had SiS chipsets. I Just wanted to dig up the VGA drivers to see if it would support 800x480...
        Volvo 480 Restoration Project

Comment

Originally posted by DAMBRO24 View Post
          I just bought my first car pc off him today seems like a very knowledgeable individual. Seems like a very nice guy too, very informative.

Have you delt with him in the past?
          what is s1/s3?
          I haven't, but he has been really nice. He is looking into it now. S1 and S3 are standby/hibernation power states.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKyy View Post
            I'm just a tad surprised over the fact that Jetway's website offers Via Sata drivers, Via 4in1 drivers and Via PM800 VGA drivers for this board. When I looked at the specs it said it had SiS chipsets. I Just wanted to dig up the VGA drivers to see if it would support 800x480...
            Hmmm....haven't noticed that. I will have to look into that.

Comment

http://download.jetway.com.tw/downlo...me&sword=J7F3E
              This is the download url provided by the website.

Even the manual section states: "SiS 741CX North Bridge Chipset & SiS 964 South Bridge Chipset"

And yet there are Via Drivers all over there...

edit: I'm receiving a J7F3E hopefully this week, I'll let you know what I discover...

Comment

Looks like it is SiS....

Comment

It arrived, I'll get it fired up in a few... weeks. http://www.ihku.org/~dakyy/jetway/jetway.jpg

Comment

800x480 success

I installed this today, only problem I ran in to was the slimline cd-drive not wanting to work. It seemed to be master/slave issue with the current hdd, because it worked fine on other computer with a master DVD-ROM and I even flashed a new firmware to it but had no luck. I don't need the drive so I left it out. I had them on separate IDE channels before.

The major thing I discovered, was the 800x480 support. I haven't had a change to test this on my lilliput (though it doesnt report it as 800x480 even if it works). But I tested it on my desktop rig and a 20" widescreen TFT. I tried it first with my rigs GF 6800LE, I added the resolution with Powerstrip and soon I had the resolution available. Well I fired it up and the picture was horrible. I was getting ugly colors and flaky picture. I then tried the Jetways onboard video. Didn't have any hopes for it, and things took a turn for worse when I noticed I couldn't add a custom resolution from powerstrip. There is no direct support for this card it seems. I then noticed the resolution was already there, no need to add it! Apply and voila - 800x480. The monitor reported it as 800x600, and it had black stripes on top and bottom. So, yet to be seen how Lilliput handles it.

Comment

I got it running at 800x480, although Lilliput doesn't recognize it. It'll display it right though, had to play with the timings as the defaults didn't work. I'm not quite in the perfect zone just yet but 800x480 is definetly running. I'll have a go with the timings again to get things perfect. CentraFuse looks loads better now.

Comment

Hi,

What is the Vcore you are getting when using Geode NX1750 and J7F3E?

Can it be run fanless? Where else can i find good deal for this geode + mITX combo?

Thanks

Comment

If I remember correctly, it was 1.25V. And no, You can't run it fanless, I didn't try to underclock it though. But with the stock cooler it was about 40 degrees celsius. It was quite loud though and I replaced it with a bit bigger and slower fan and now it runs at about 55 degrees.

I bought this from eBay, and it cost me 175 euros + shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKyy View Post
                            If I remember correctly, it was 1.25V. And no, You can't run it fanless, I didn't try to underclock it though. But with the stock cooler it was about 40 degrees celsius. It was quite loud though and I replaced it with a bit bigger and slower fan and now it runs at about 55 degrees.
                            1.25V is quite high, may be you can try using RMClock to lower the voltage? I manage to run my AMD64 3000+ at 1Ghz & 1.1V stable, temperature around 40-50 degree.

now i am still considering if i should use the AMD64 and stuck to mATX form factor, or change to GeodeNX 1750 with the J7F3E. I already have a DSATX so power will not be an issue, i just want to keep power consumption as low as possible cos I want to run it with engine off.

Comment

A geodeNX is a rebadged Mobile Xp Athlon as far as I know... Could I put such a geode NX cpu on my old trusty abit KT7 ?
                              Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Working...
                              X