Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to hook up audio to Ford head unit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to hook up audio to Ford head unit.

I'm trying to hook up the audio to the stereo on my Ford Puma.
    The model number is 6000CD.
    I found this page which tells me what all the CD changer pins are, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

The audio seem easy enough, ( pins 10, 11, 12), but what needs to be shorted to make the stereo think it has a changer connected? Would shorting pin 8 and 9 do the job?

What does ACP stand for and what does it do?

Do I need other circuitry?

I'd love to know this as well - I have a ford galaxy and have been wondering about this for a long time...
    Mediabox Hardware Project
    Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
    Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
    To do: Far too much!

Comment

http://www.fordfocus.pwp.blueyonder....ring_guide.htm

- Provides details of the pin-outs for the three connectors on Ford head units. Hope this helps - looks like it may be pins six and seven - don't quote me though.

As a side note Glyn, I see you have brought a couple of the screens EddyP has for sale.

I'm thinking f getting one or two myself but the reason I bring it up is that I have a Ford Puma as well and am wondering where to put a screen.

Putting it in the Head unit gap probably isn't an option as I have a Sony active black head unit I want to keep (Actually hoping to interface this with the PC to control Winamp).

But I also want everything to look as stock as possible, one option is to try and have a custom in dash solution under or above the head unit that would slide out.

So to get to the point, I was wondering where you planned to install your screens?

Regards, Mike

Comment

A couple of us have cracked the Ford ACP protocol. Send me an email if you want the interface source code (for an Atmel AVR).

Originally posted by greenpuma
        http://www.fordfocus.pwp.blueyonder....ring_guide.htm

- Provides details of the pin-outs for the three connectors on Ford head units. Hope this helps - looks like it may be pins six and seven - don't quote me though.

As a side note Glyn, I see you have brought a couple of the screens EddyP has for sale.

I'm thinking f getting one or two myself but the reason I bring it up is that I have a Ford Puma as well and am wondering where to put a screen.

Putting it in the Head unit gap probably isn't an option as I have a Sony active black head unit I want to keep (Actually hoping to interface this with the PC to control Winamp).

But I also want everything to look as stock as possible, one option is to try and have a custom in dash solution under or above the head unit that would slide out.

So to get to the point, I was wondering where you planned to install your screens?

Regards, Mike

Comment

Code update

Has this information been made available yet, I would like to configure an MP3 player to emulate the CD changer.

Originally posted by SimonJFisher
          A couple of us have cracked the Ford ACP protocol. Send me an email if you want the interface source code (for an Atmel AVR).

Comment

See here http://www.myplace.nu/mp3/yabb/YaBB....num=1068570418

Andy

Comment

Ford ACP Bus help

Any one can help me get an schematic to make an ACP interface?, if you have any application I can use I will really appreciate.

Thanks
              Carlos.

Comment

aux-in for ford 6000cd no aux button

Hi,
                i own a 98 ford Ka with this kind of radio.. I got the pin map on the back, but i'm not able to let the radio understand that there's a signal coming in .. (no disc alert appears..)
                I know there are several devices (so called aux interfaces) but too costly.. do you hane any help for me? Is there anything i can do to simulate the presence of cd charger?

Please help me...
                Thanks
                Enrico

Comment

Working...
                X