kx project and pcmcia audigy 2 zs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kx project and pcmcia audigy 2 zs

For some reason, kx project will not install using my pcmcia audigy 2 sound card. I tried the manual install as well through device manager by pointing it to the kx.ini file. Neither worked, the setup program or the manual method. It said on the website that the notebook version worked with the kx project with limited functionality (no spdif output, which is no big deal to me.). Did I do something wrong?
    Celeron 2.53 Ghz Processor
    512M ddr memory
    Mimo 7" USB Display
    XM Direct Tuner
    mp3car.com XM Direct USB interface box

1999 Mustang GT Convertible Supercharged

you uninstalled the original sound card drivers, correct? You have to install the KX drivers just like you would install the drivers for the card the first time. Instead of the drivers that come with the Audigy, you use the KX drivers.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Actually, the first drivers I tried to install were the kx drivers (before I even put the sb disk in.. .windows asked for drivers for multimedia audio device and i pressed cancel and installed kx project). Nothing happened, no whql messages or anything. . .it flew through the driver phase. I then installed the drivers from the disk that came with it and then tried the kx drivers to no avail. It seems they don't work with mine. I also tried pointing the windows driver installation (that pops up when something new that windows doesn't have drivers for is installed) to the kx.ini directory, but that didn't work either. I have the onboard sound disabled. I think I figured out how to use the SB drivers, though, to feed my sub. they are acceptable and fairly configurable. I installed these same drivers on my desktop flawlessly. easy install on the house computer. Oh well, I was able to configure it with my sb drivers OK.

BTW, this sound card is awesome. I recommend it to anyone with a pcmcia slot. It has very nice lows and clear highs. A noticable difference b/w the onboard sound AND much better than the usb soundblaster I was using. I think it may sound better than the oem pioneer head unit that was in the car before.
      512M ddr memory
      Mimo 7" USB Display
      XM Direct Tuner

Comment

I know that they do work with the PCMCIA card...why? because I'm using the same card on a MII12000 mobo in my car...

and yes, it is a very good card....2 world titles with it installed...

have you checked the KX forums for assistance? I had to scan through there a few times in help for mine.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I checked, but I'm not interested enough in it to invest an inordinate amount of time on it. I used the creative labs mixers and thx control panel to accomplish what I needed to get done. I wish now I would have installed windows xp professional on the computer instead of home edition because I could have used remote desktop with pro. Been a lot easier to made mods and I could test things like the kx drivers and whatnot. Maybe later after I getover the hangover from the initial install and all the complications that came with it. Anyways, thanks for replying and I'll check again on the kx project's home site to see if there's anything I missed (I was in my car with my laptop wedged between me and the steering wheel at the time trying to browse the internet). I don't think I missed anything as I browsed through the faq, the knowledgebase and the troubleshooting guide. Thanks!
          512M ddr memory
          Mimo 7" USB Display
          XM Direct Tuner

Comment

Working...
          X