M10000 audio output good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M10000 audio output good?

Im getting a car pc with the M10000 Mobo. I know u can chnage it to have 5.1 outout in settings and have 3.5 to RCA's exiting audio outputs. Question is....do these have pretty decent sound quality. I would hook them directly to high quality RCA's and have them going into a good 4 channel amp. Thanks
    M10000 mobo, low profile 512mb ram, 2.5" 120gb hdd, 80watt power supply

Most on board soundcards put out acceptable sound, but even the cheapest PCI card would be better.

Comment

mine sounds just fine.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah, they will sound great, but once you get a real soundcard you'll see what you've been missing out on.

Comment

Creative-Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit External USB Sound Card
          any good? iv heard of people using it but never got feedback. is there adjustments on screen or just on the controller. Thanks!

Comment

I wonder what the differences in sound quality are between the Live USB, and Audigy USB... the specifications show a faster sample rate, wonder if it actually sounds better.

Is it true that some sound cards do more processing onboard, and require less CPU than other cards?

Comment

Originally posted by travb81 View Post
              Is it true that some sound cards do more processing onboard, and require less CPU than other cards?
              yes

Yeah, they will sound great, but once you get a real soundcard you'll see what you've been missing out on.
              I heard no difference. I am not an audiophile, but my music sounds just as crisp as a factory system. Only time it gets messed up is in a song with very loud bass and soft words. I have PCI soundcards and USB ones and it makes no differnce in my ears. External soundcards are highly overrated imho. You just have to do the onboard correctly (meaining grounding the case, low master, high wave out) and it sounds almost perfect.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Alot too depends on the music you plan on listening to. If it's compressed music like mp3s and not really any cds, then onboard will work pretty good. If you plan on running coaxial speakers in your car or your stock speakers, then onboard should work for you.

If you are going to pay $300 for a decent set of component speakers, then I would say you are in the market for an upgraded soundcard. Hope that helps.

Added: I agree with Toaster on the wiring. If you run wires properly then you can avoid noise problem with onboard sound.
                System always under construction

Comment

I am going to be running components and a nice amp. I have a really expensive system in it and cant reuse it in my new car im getting

Comment

I am assuming you are putting this in your trans am and not your jeep correct? The jeep would be a waste of time.

If you have a good setup already, why go cheap on the source? YOu could use onboard jsut to try it but I bet you notice a difference when you upgrade. There are tons of options available to you at reasonable prices. Don't just stop at Creative Labs products either. I am upgrading to an Audiotrak Card, Auzentech is another good card to look at, and Sondigo Inferno looks interesting as well. Otherwise, there is a whole list of external cards.

Read some of these threads:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88081

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88359

It will open your brain up to all sorts of ideas.
                    System always under construction

Comment

actually im selling the Trans am in spring(its being stored for winter) and buying a grand prix. Thanks for the ideas!!

Comment

Working...
                      X