No announcement yet.

License plate camera?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License plate camera?

Has anyone successfully mounted a license plate camera? It seems like it would be pretty easy but I want to be sure. I was originally thinking of keyhole cameras, but I wasn't able to find anyone that has actually installed one. Plus I think it might be too high up in my case. Here is what I was thinking of getting:

I've seen them on fleabay. I think they're ugly (not so bad on SUV but i wouldnt put on in my car.

License plates on cars are usually too low so it's not really a good idea to use it unless you want a curb cam.

Never seen actual pics from it so I dont know if they're worth a damn.
    good if you want a fast non-invasive install.
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

i was actually thinking that my keyhole would be too high and not show me the road...

I'm terrible when it comes to fab, so it looks promising to me. Let us know how it works if you decide to pick it up.
        Progress: 91% (Cosmetics) @ Stand Still...
        CarPC specs are BACK!! Edit yours today...

I have heard some bad things about the plastic frame cameras on ebay, but I have never seen one in person. I ordered one that many people highly recomended. I recieved it in the mail, and it I must say it looks very high quality. I haven't hooked it up yet, because I am still in the process of figuring out how to wire my PC. Everyone says the picture is great. It is more expensive, but I have heard it's worth it. However, the one you listed might work just as well.

walmart sells them to. I think there like $100.00
            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"